Brent Key tweet and apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugboy

Staff member
Key has to use better common sense. He’s getting hammered on that tweet. Understandably.

Assuming you mean this one:

@CoachBrentKey: GT has always, and will continue to attract GREAT MEN. Today we lost a GREAT MAN, and gained another GREAT MAN! Even in dark days the future is bright.

I see what he was trying to do and why. But I think he’d have been better off deleting it and explaining why he deleted it.

It’s important to hold off a bit and think about how the family and friends would view the comment before posting on social media, or here too. We have parents and possibly players on this board.

If someone ever wants a moderator to delete one of their own posts, use the “report” button and just let us know you’d like to pull it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I got what his intention was but you have to have some timing and space for a tragedy.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It was a bad tweet and it rubbed me the wrong way and I can understand if teammates/family are turned off by it, but I think he meant well and if he apologized, all is forgiven, in my opinion.

I also wish the recruit waited a day to announce his decision. Yesterday was a day to remember Brandon.

Recruit probably knew nothing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.