Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Please tell me you didnt just call your sister and her friends fat?:) You could be in serious trouble!!!
No. I'm saying that most of the skinny girls are from out of state. 75% of the women born in Alabama are like that one poster described. I should have made that clearer originally.

Wreckaholic

Georgia Tech Fan
If this happens looks like a big win for staff and GT.

The big take on this is that it looks like TStan is walking the walk and giving the football program the resources to be successful. It wont happen overnight, but is definitely a move in the right direction

AlaGTech

Jolly Good Fellow
we’ll see how good a recruiter Key is when he gets his own words thrown back in his face.

That's not going to happen.

Plus, all he really did was tell a kid who was on the borderline academucally and didn't have his test score that GT would be tough for him.

Heck, he was prolly telling him the truth.

Also, that happened like 100 years ago (in recruiting years).

GT folks seem to be the only ones even giving life to it anymore.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
LOLOLOL at the guys trying to talk down Brent Keys recruiting abilities by saying it was because he was at 'Bama.

WHY? Why make fun of anyone taking into account that a good recruiter to great recruiter gets a big bump when selling Ala over lets say maybe TECH? Reality is he is a very good hire or he wouldn't be on SATAN's staff and we are lucky to have a top 150 recruiter no matter who he recruits for.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
No. I'm saying that most of the skinny girls are from out of state. 75% of the women born in Alabama are like that one poster described. I should have made that clearer originally.
Guys - this is a dumb argument. Alabama is one of the poorest states in the country. What do you eat when you are poor? High sugar / carb diets. Combine that dynamic with the south’s fixation with sweet tea and bbq. So yeah, there are bound to be some porkers in one of the country’s poorest / fattest states. With that said, most bama girls I know are smoke shows.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I like this hire for OL/AHC/Recruiting Coord./whatever.

Glad it's not for OC.

Whether we want to admit it or not, the Bama mystique will matter to a lot of HS kids.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I really don't understand any of these people who somehow take offense to Brent Key negatively recruiting against GT. On a daily basis we have people on this forum who have pissing contests about whose time at Georgia Tech was most miserable and you're going to criticize Key for using that reputation to convince a recruit not to go to GT? Seriously. Get over it. The prevailing rumor when I was in high school was that GT had the second highest suicide rate behind MIT. We negatively recruit ourselves everyday, Key was just using the ammunition we provided him.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
That's not going to happen.

Plus, all he really did was tell a kid who was on the borderline academucally and didn't have his test score that GT would be tough for him.

Heck, he was prolly telling him the truth.

Also, that happened like 100 years ago (in recruiting years).

GT folks seem to be the only ones even giving life to it anymore.
Like someone said earlier. How can we all get upset with Key for saying that when most of our fans bring up academics in a negative way all the time for recruiting.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I really don't understand any of these people who somehow take offense to Brent Key negatively recruiting against GT. On a daily basis we have people on this forum who have pissing contests about whose time at Georgia Tech was most miserable and you're going to criticize Key for using that reputation to convince a recruit not to go to GT? Seriously. Get over it. The prevailing rumor when I was in high school was that GT had the second highest suicide rate behind MIT. We negatively recruit ourselves everyday, Key was just using the ammunition we provided him.

I totally agree, Cam. If a Coach is communicating his experiences and using facts, then that is his job. He should do EVERYTHING ethically possible to get recruits for his employer. There is NO evidence that I am aware of that CBK ever made up or embellished greatly the GT difficulties. If he had of done that, then I would agree that was ethically questionable.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
So u r down as predicting blah as a recruiter.

By the way Sewak never came to pensacola to see the 2 ol men Andy worked up. One went to Clemson and one was going to Tex a m .

Sewak flipped a recruit from Elon.

Recruiting and sales is 50% effort. I think u will be surprised and I will take my chances w this new group.
Quite the opposite. I think he will be a great recruiter for us. But he will not have Alabama's national spotlight to drive up his subjective rating as a recruiter. I think comparing him to Sewak in recruiting is insulting to Key.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Tech fans will find a way to complain about anything.... If it happens, what a great coup for GT. Coach Key will have Immediate respect when he walks into a camp or a recruits house and he will be wearing GT gear. This is what it was going to take to start moving Tech football in the right direction.

Great recruiters, a great commitment by the Institution to put money behind the staffing and sport, and a great coach who can elevate the brand and athletes. So far to me it looks like we have 2 out of the three. We just need to see if CGC is a great XO's coach. IF he is, he could be our Dabo.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I totally agree, Cam. If a Coach is communicating his experiences and using facts, then that is his job. He should do EVERYTHING ethically possible to get recruits for his employer. There is NO evidence that I am aware of that CBK ever made up or embellished greatly the GT difficulties. If he had of done that, then I would agree that was ethically questionable.
You ride the wave of whomever is writing the checks. This is a business, not some of higher-power endeavor we all make out to be as fans.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Totally agree with this. There are droves of ladies (not as described by the previous poster) at UA, AU, Troy, UNA, UAH, etc.

This is not an area, at least on the campus, we can use as an advantage in recruiting. Now, if we include the entire ATL area, that is a different story.
No kidding mb 65-69
Under 100 girls.
But - ATL
Had modeling schools, stewardess schools, all girl colleges, nursing schools

Now
We have lots of girls on campus.
Plenty of meet up events nearby.

Bring your swagg to
404 - its Above The Line.

CGC actually knows what young people are like. Can't hurt.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Tech fans will find a way to complain about anything.... If it happens, what a great coup for GT. Coach Key will have Immediate respect when he walks into a camp or a recruits house and he will be wearing GT gear. This is what it was going to take to start moving Tech football in the right direction.

Great recruiters, a great commitment by the Institution to put money behind the staffing and sport, and a great coach who can elevate the brand and athletes. So far to me it looks like we have 2 out of the three. We just need to see if CGC is a great XO's coach. IF he is, he could be our Dabo.
Seeing your side
I hope the mid 7 year adjustment will to get the best oc (x/o) available to match our improved talent recruited by cgc.

It's the Dabo model and we will change as needed those below the hc.

If it's a dumpster fire on l or d, then - hmmm...

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I've been saying it for years: Wait till a new coach comes in and emphasizes what's great about GT and Atlanta, and brings in a system that will attract the talent in the Southeast. Recruiting will be a much different story.

Here we are with CGC. IMO, with the staff he's bringing in, anything in the 50's will be a HUGE disappointment. Heck, anything in the 40's will be a disappointment. I fully expect our recruiting classes to be in the 20's to mid 30's...on an average class. I can see us break 15-20 area every 3-4 years or so.

Like I keep saying: A lot of narratives about GT recruiting will either be proven true or false real soon.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
No one can deny the hurdles that own former staff had to deal with trying to recruit against the other programs, especially in the southeast, but good coaches get picked up by other staffs. Have any of the guys from CPJ's staff gotten picked up by anyone else. Even our best recruiter in Andy McCollum is still without a job (which is surprising)

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
There are now thousands of girls on campus, and if you think the football players have difficulty finding women, well, you’re wrong lol

Status
Not open for further replies.