Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
#2 recruiter = subjective nonsense. Moves to GT and suddenly he is not top 40. (agree that he is a great recruiter regardless). I would think anyone under Nick Saban's thumb would be looking for a reasonable chance to exit. I think he gets assistant head coach here and hopefully a raise.

Listen, I am glad to get a highly regarded coach who used to play for Tech, but the hyperbole on here is off the charts.
Cristobal, Kirby, Pruitt, Mel Tucker, Kiffin. All were highly touted because of their time under Saban

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Honestly who would've thought we'd be able to hire Alabama's OL coach and THE 2nd best recruiter in the nation? Amazing

37293175-2EA3-47C9-86F2-8E9CD6BDF6CA.jpeg

This is from a Bama fan answering the same question if you missed the link earlier.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
to make this complete we need for espn to interview coach collins about the brent key hire sometime monday during the game

is there still any sentiment for coach cam now that the staff has been completed??

with this new staff its going to be almost like an extra season between now and signing day on feb 15th.

hopefully with this out of the bag the bama ol tanks monday and clemson rolls.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Honestly who would've thought we'd be able to hire Alabama's OL coach and THE 2nd best recruiter in the nation? Amazing

This.

We just hired a coach away from bama to the same position.

Daily it seems to become more clear some big money boys, at some point earlier in the season, said a change needs to be made in some way and/or the law was laid down to Peterson that GT athletics were no longer going to be allowed to be pissed on by some arrogant 3rd parties.

Job 1 - Recruit like we haven’t in 78 years.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
talk about almost having a stroke hehe. i had learned that brett and his brother brent keys were gonna be coaches. then i saw this and my mind jumped a dozen letters too soon

i read "coach for tight ends to be coach Whisenhutt" im starting to shake and tremble. then i read it over again.

''coach Wiesehan''. can i buy a u an two t t's vanessa? heh so close but no cigars.

its like Christmas all over again.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
#2 recruiter = subjective nonsense. Moves to GT and suddenly he is not top 40. (agree that he is a great recruiter regardless). I would think anyone under Nick Saban's thumb would be looking for a reasonable chance to exit. I think he gets assistant head coach here and hopefully a raise.

Listen, I am glad to get a highly regarded coach who used to play for Tech, but the hyperbole on here is off the charts.

his being the no 2 recruiter in the county may be subjective. what do you call arguably the top coach in the country shaking up his staff so that he could hire brent keys?

id call that a pretty YUGE vote of confidence from said coach that brent keys is special.... but i could be wrong.

even if the truth was somewhere in the middle its STILL better than no coach no recruit sewak!

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
wonder how this new staff stacks up against other nationally renowned recruiting staffs.

lets not forget we are still in the upgrade stages of our recruiting support staff. i am positive that coach collins will have additional tweaks to provide that weve not thought of.

id like to see the support staff helped by a group of volunteers who could help with grunt work such as copying. letter writing. mailing. anything needed to make the support staff as efficient as possible.

from what ive read top programs like tosu bama clemson have as many as 30+ volunteers plus their support staffs . meanwhile we have a support staff of 2 or 3 to help the coaches????? there is no place but UP for our recruiting to go. i just hope our apr does not suffer in the process. i like being part of georgia tech and different.

Last edited:

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow

His #2 ranking is almost certainly propped up by the fact he is at 'Bama as others have been, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has to be a great recruiter to be a top recruiter on what has been the best recruiting staff/program in the country.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

Techster

Helluva Engineer
LOLOLOL at the guys trying to talk down Brent Keys recruiting abilities by saying it was because he was at 'Bama.

Has anyone checked the rankings of our old staff? If I remember correctly, GT had approximately ONE coach ranked in the top 300...and it was CGC!!! He did that in 3 weeks! Outside of CGC, we had ZERO coaches ranked in the top 300. In the last 3 years, only TWO coaches ranked in the top 300 (Andy Mac, and Lamar Owens) and both ranked almost towards the bottom of the 200's.

There are coaches at Tulane, Marshall, UAB, Louisiana Lafayette, and GEORGIA STATE that recruited better than our previous staff. Think about that.

I really thought we should have kept a couple of the coaches because of their recruiting, but upon further evaluation, CGC was correct in letting everyone go. Their returns did not warrant being retained if CGC is putting a heavy emphasis on coaches that can coach and recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.