Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
As a Dolphins fan, if I recall correctly, Saban denied he was leaving the Dolphins for Alabama. A week or two later, he was the head coach at Alabama...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I think the KB will adapt very easily to the "new" style. That is the style some folks were hoping he'd get when he came to GT.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
He seemed very dismissive in that article. It didn’t seem like your typical coach speak to me.

He did, indeed. But it seems odd that every coaching position has been filled except OL coach, and presumably that's because the new OL coach is still coaching, which would indicate that Brent Key's the guy.

Oh well, to borrow a George O'Leary quote, "We will win, with him or without him".

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree that the fact that we have filled every position except OL coach indicates that at the very least Geoff expects Brent Key to come to Tech. The good thing is that if Saban indeed has outbid us for Key, we have Geoff’s previous OL coach already on staff as the TE coach.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Every quote in that article makes me think he is coming. All typical things a coach would say in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.