Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaGTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Key will be our last staff addition. His title will be Associate Head Coach/ Run Game Coordinator/ OL Coach

Great for Brent and great for Tech.

He's well paid and well respected at Bama but he has zero upward mobility there imo.

Definitely the right move if he still aspires to be a head coach one day.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
The truth is somewhere in the middle. VPI has fallen some as a program, Puke is a little better and they have our number for some reason, because they've managed to arrange byes, or scheduled an option-base team the week before they played us, four 3 out out the last 4 times they've beaten us...and we have trended down a bit the last few years.
FTFY

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s a big time hire if we do get him and really hope we do. Hopefully he’s just downplaying it to not be a topic or distraction from the game.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It’s a big time hire if we do get him and really hope we do. Hopefully he’s just downplaying it to not be a topic or distraction from the game.
Didn’t Satan tell Kiffin to take a hike when he made his departure a newsworthy event. Key may just understand that if he wants another championship ring he just needs to keep his head down & do his job until the last day of work.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Didn’t Satan tell Kiffin to take a hike when he made his departure a newsworthy event. Key may just understand that if he wants another championship ring he just needs to keep his head down & do his job until the last day of work.
It's also the ethical thing to do. He has a contract with Alabama and they are still playing. I get the impression that is what Collins wants his coaches to do: honor their commitments.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It's also the ethical thing to do. He has a contract with Alabama and they are still playing. I get the impression that is what Collins wants his coaches to do: honor their commitments.
Good point. The only thing I’ll add is somewhere along the lines contracts stopped being what they used to be, a commitment. We re-write contractsso often now the inks hardly dry on the one just signed when here comes the update. Makes my head spin.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Good point. The only thing I’ll add is somewhere along the lines contracts stopped being what they used to be, a commitment. We re-write contractsso often now the inks hardly dry on the one just signed when here comes the update. Makes my head spin.
They've tried to work that into the contracts with buy out clauses. I guess position coaches don't have those. It's fair, I guess, because they can get the boot for no cause when the the head coach gets the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.