Breakout players in 2015

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I should have given Kallon a shout-out too. He played quite well in the second half of the season, I thought. Not All-ACC, mind, but pretty well.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Shamire Devine.

ALL HAIL THE KING OF PANCAKES!!!!!

7_451722.JPG

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Shamire Devine, with another year of good nutrition and physical training behind him, has the chance to really blow up, in a good way.

Just watching Searcy run routes during warm ups before a fall scrimmage got me excited. He might be the most natural athlete we have on the field. He is tiny, but he is fast, fluid and he is in control of every inch (and ounce) of his body. I really like him.

Leggett is ready to role. Totally a hunch based on coach's comments.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I also think Francis Kallon is poised to either breakout or become an executive, as he graduates in December 2015.

Also, any insight on Gary Brown? It sounds like he might be stronger than Mark Henry, which might bode well for an explosive OL.

EFF IT! I'm not only excited about our defense, I'm excited about our future OL. We're digging out the trenches for opponents to fall in to.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Easy choice - Devine will allow for a more power based run blocking. He did some very good power blocking at charolette - great strength and leg drive in trenches. Cottrel will make mid length runs / passes into long ones.

Hard choices
- tre Jackson - can he play at same time as pj davis or as backup. Kid is a brick - both he and davis are solid as rocks.

20 Austin - will be on field - legs are powerful and has good footwork.

Gostis has chance to go from good to very very good if someone can fill the middle.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Offense:
1. Any BB at all. I hope we find a home run threat at this position and I hope we continue the 2 back system
2. Messick/searcy at WR
3. Devine

Defense:
1. Austin Twins
2. Hopefully someone on the DL maybe commisong?
3. DJ White for heisman

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Fun game. I'll play.

On offense:
- C. J. Leggett -my favorite running back from that class
- Searcy - Very athletic with lots of up side

The Austin Twins - one on offense as A-back and one on defense at the corner

On defense:
- Whitehead - I predict going to be one of the best defensive linemen we have had in a long time
- Antonio Simmons - Will surprise us with how much time he gets on the field
- Jabari Hunt-Days - He will be an answer on the defensive line
- Step Durham - a future all ACC player

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
Offense:
1. Any BB at all. I hope we find a home run threat at this position and I hope we continue the 2 back system
2. Messick/searcy at WR
3. Devine

Defense:
1. Austin Twins
2. Hopefully someone on the DL maybe commisong?
3. DJ White for heisman
Commish is gone

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Commissiong is no longer with Tech

Man, kinda thought about not watching this because I didn't want to miss what we can't have...but curiosity got the better of me:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4073451/highlights/181658375

Man...could have REALLY used that this year. Looks like he shed some weight, and they're playing him all over the line. Would have definitely helped on the interior next to Gotsis. Oh well...

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Man, kinda thought about not watching this because I didn't want to miss what we can't have...but curiosity got the better of me:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4073451/highlights/181658375

Man...could have REALLY used that this year. Looks like he shed some weight, and they're playing him all over the line. Would have definitely helped on the interior next to Gotsis. Oh well...
Yep. Watching that hurts ... a lot.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I like a lot of the guesses already put forward in this thread, so just to contribute something different:

Anthony Harrell, maybe?

Summers?