Breakout players in 2015

Body Massage Machine

Georgia Tech Fan
I know there is still a big game ahead of us, but wanted to see who everyone thinks will be breakout players next year.

Personally, I think it may be some of the following players: (all based on nothing but film and what I've read).

1. Searcy - think he will be a threat in the passing game.

2. Freeman - maybe you can say he has already broken out, but I think we are in for a treat once he puts on more weight/muscle.

3. Andrews - Had a nice end of the season, but he might be our leading A back rusher next year.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The quality of our incoming recruits, and our lack of depth at running back, receiver, and Dline next year....would seem to indicate we may burn as many or more shirts than normal next year. No telling really who will be the breakout players. Some who got shirts this year are the best possibilities imo.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess you could say Snoddy has already broken out. But I am expecting a big, big year from him.

Two players I have only gotten glimpses of but liked what I saw are Messick and Antonio Simmons.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I have officially recused myself from these discussions regarding GT. My last few breakout player picks have been Anthony Williams (x2) and Commisiong.

As such, my breakout players of the year are as follows:

Tulane - Some guy, preferably a starter
ND - QB Malik Zaire (likely starting QB)
Clem - QB Watson
Duke - QB Thomas Sirk and Buttcliffe ("back surgery" like Coach K)
UNC - QB Mitch Trubisky (likely starting QB) and RB Elijah Hood
UVA - RB Taquan Mizzell and DT Andrew Brown
VPI - RB Marshawn Williams and DT Corey Marshall
Miami - QB Kaaya and RB Yearby
Pitt - RB and ACCPOY James Conner
UGA - RB Nick Chubb and LB Jordan Jenkins

ETA (courtesy of @SwarmArmy):
FSU - RB Dalvin Cook
Alcorn State - meh, we'll be allright there

Who else do we play? I have no qualms about putting the whammy out.

Last edited:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'd go with Shamire too. But I also think JHD (can you say a former starter is a breakout?) and Messick are also gaining my attention.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
I have officially recused myself from these discussions regarding GT. My last few breakout player picks have been Anthony Williams (x2) and Commisiong.

As such, my breakout players of the year are as follows:

Tulane - Some guy, preferably a starter
ND - QB Malik Zaire (likely starting QB)
Clem - QB Watson
Duke - QB Thomas Sirk and Buttcliffe ("back surgery" like Coach K)
UNC - QB Mitch Trubisky (likely starting QB) and RB Elijah Hood
UVA - RB Taquan Mizzell and DT Andrew Brown
VPI - RB Marshawn Williams and DT Corey Marshall
Miami - QB Kaaya and RB Yearby
Pitt - RB and ACCPOY James Conner
UGA - RB Nick Chubb and LB Jordan Jenkins

Who else do we play? I have no qualms about putting the whammy out.

Alcorn State and F$U.

Edit: Also - Clemson in the ACCCG, Ohio State in the Orange Bowl (as part of the playoff semifinal, not for winning the ACCCG), and Alabama in the playoff final.

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'd rather identify where I think we need someone to breakout and then my predictions:

qb: JT is already broken out but he need to keep improving in all areas
OL: we look real good in this department, would be nice to have Shamire blow up (production-wise), my money is also on Trey Klock
wr: Juene or one of the true frosh
Aback: Andrews or one of the true frosh, need Snoddy to make a full recovery
Bback: Leggett or one of the true frosh
DL: JHD, one of either Merriweather or Simmons or one of the true frosh (Freeman is already broken out), is it finally Sir Francis' time to shine?
LB: Marcordes really needs to reach and stay at that "next level", hopefully one more guy comes out of nowhere, maybe Tre Jackson
corner: Milton or any of a number of guys
safety: one of the Austins or Jalen Johnson, (Jamaal needs to keep getting better)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Alcorn State and F$U.

Edit: Also - Clemson in the ACCCG, Ohio State in the Orange Bowl (as part of the playoff semifinal, not for winning the ACCCG), and Alabama in the playoff final.

Already winged Clem with the whammy but would like to add:

OhioSt: QB Cardale Jones (I don't think Barrett will be back by then)
Bama: QB Jake Coker, RB Derrick Henry, DT A'Shawn Robinson and DE Jonathan Allen (that's right no Dalvin Tomlinson as he's still not starting 3 years later)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'd rather identify where I think we need someone to breakout and then my predictions:

qb: JT is already broken out but he need to keep improving in all areas
OL: we look real good in this department, would be nice to have Shamire blow up (production-wise), my money is also on Trey Klock
wr: Juene or one of the true frosh
Aback: Andrews or one of the true frosh, need Snoddy to make a full recovery
Bback: Leggett or one of the true frosh
DL: JHD, one of either Merriweather or Simmons or one of the true frosh (Freeman is already broken out), is it finally Sir Francis' time to shine?
LB: Marcordes really needs to reach and stay at that "next level", hopefully one more guy comes out of nowhere, maybe Tre Jackson
corner: Milton or any of a number of guys
safety: one of the Austins or Jalen Johnson, (Jamaal needs to keep getting better)

Way to go out on a limb there, Cheese!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I really want to see our corners play more bump and run next year. Get WRs off their routes early. Both CBs have damn good speed. I think AJ Gray might be able to start at Safety some time next year but several will get a shot. Gonna be fun to watch things develop next year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think that's the cool thing about college football...watching the guys mature and go from role players to key players.

Last year everyone was ready to give up on Brian Chamberlain, this year he became one of the more consistent OLs for us. PJ Davis showed flashes, and this year we saw what kind of impact he could have on games. Synjyn, relegated to role player for the majority of his career, was star BB for us the second half of the season.

Who's up next? That's the fun part for me.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Francis Kallon DL
Tre Jackson LB
Step Durham & Shaun Kagawa - Db's
Gary Brown - OL
CJ Leggett - RB
Ricky Jeune - WR

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I'll Play
1. Shamire Devine
2. Leggett
3. Juene

Defense
1. Corey Griffin
2. Francis Kallon
3. Chris Milton

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Juene was really impressive in highschool Im looking forward to seeing him on the field next year. I also think Whithead is going to be a beast.