Breaking News!! Artificial Turf

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Hard to believe that you can convince yourself that you can delay debut of a freshly painted and turfed football field in downtown Atlanta w/o the press showing pictures of it to the general public by simply flying a press chopper or drone over the field and getting some footage of it. Must have been a general agreement/arrangement made with the press not to do this (due to the relationship that Collins has built up with the local media). Now the fact that a Internal player has leaked photos then I suppose it will be interesting to see how it is handled and if there was a agreement or protocol within the team members not to publicly display pictures of the field because there was going to be a Press Release PR Event on debuting the field/turf together. Social media can be friend or foe depending on which side of the camera you are standing on. Hope for the players sake he was within the perimeters of the team rules.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Bruh.... are y’all actually considering whether Sims will be punished for posting that picture? Have y’all not seen the one from the walkway between the Emerson building and the stadium?? That’s a publicly accessible walkway. The image was going to be leaked regardless unless they put up some kind of screen between the sidewalk and the stadium. I’m sure if they didn’t want players to post anything about the field they would’ve told them. “The perimeters of the team rules”? Come on dude.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Bruh.... are y’all actually considering whether Sims will be punished for posting that picture? Have y’all not seen the one from the walkway between the Emerson building and the stadium?? That’s a publicly accessible walkway. The image was going to be leaked regardless unless they put up some kind of screen between the sidewalk and the stadium. I’m sure if they didn’t want players to post anything about the field they would’ve told them. “The perimeters of the team rules”? Come on dude.
I was kidding....

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Here’s a better, and unfiltered, look at the north end zone. You can see the trophies on the end line here, it’s kinda goofy looking imo. They could’ve done something cooler there, but oh well it’s not a huge deal. I’m not a huge fan of the navy field border, but once again, not a big deal when the majority of the field design is gold. The gold end zones look good, but I still hope we play around with different designs throughout the year. I think a white end zone for a white out game would be legit, and I’ll always be fond of the green end zones with gold lettering.

Also of note, the sideline boxes have been extended to both 15 yard lines, rather than the usual 25 to assist teams in social distancing.

Good eye on the sidelines observation.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
That’s my fraternity associate TJ!!

Also, gatech has one of our rapid Covid monitoring test stations in Bobby Dodd, so I can see the field every week as a student.

I also bet Jeff Sims was given permission to post that picture. Notice how he’s almost perfectly in the middle, making a nice symmetrical picture

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Just don't understand why they have to have blue borders for the endzones and out to the 15 yard lines. A white border completely encircling the field would make the entire playing surface really pop out. The blue is just blah.
Good lord man lol. They put that in blue so that the players and coaches know where they can stand. They can't go past the 15 yard line, technically.

Good lord man lol. They put that in blue so that the players and coaches know where they can stand. They can't go past the 15 yard line, technically.
There are other ways of indicating where they can and can't stand than screwing up the look with mixed color schemes. Put a blue stripe at the 15, but keep all the rest white. It would just look a helluva lot better. Clemson doesn't seem to have a problem with that. Why should we?