Breaking News!! Artificial Turf

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I still think that at the top of the scoreboard, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets should be bigger than Coca~Cola. But maybe that change is coming....

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
The Coke sign is not a big deal. As far as having a major sponsor it's a homegrown company and everyone likes it and we proudly sell the product throughout the stadium. It's nowhere near as garish and sellout as what we did with the McDonald's logo all over AMC back in the 90s.

Has nothing to do with desperation either. All it takes is a donor or donors who have a big enough problem with it to say they hate it so much and give the money to make up for its loss. Maybe they have idiots like that in Athens. They probably do because we're talking about UGA here but I don't know. If I were a big donor I'd put my money to more important things.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
Bobby-Dodd-Stadium-Football-Section-124-Row-20_on_9-1-2018_FL.jpg

I agree. You don't need a coke logo when their tower is in sight of the stadium. Plus the lower part of the second "c" is busted. And I'm pretty sure coke doesn't need the advertisement being the most known products in the world.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
1597267072783.png

Here's my idea of an updated video board. Put a wide screen video board on top with the GT logo on top (just like the video boards at Russ Chandler and Mewborn) Turn the lower part where the existing video board into a video scoreboard. And let the existing LED boards be sponsor boards. Basically everything is an LED video board that can be easily changed. No need for permanent sponsor signage.

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
Awesome. First that the players are on the field, and second the look of the place, although I hope they fill in the GT in the middle of the field with gold.
I hadn't thought about it before, but maybe they plan to paint the end zones and the inside of the midfield GT with a different color scheme each week, and only the yard lines, the ACC logos, and the GT outline are permanent

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I hadn't thought about it before, but maybe they plan to paint the end zones and the inside of the midfield GT with a different color scheme each week, and only the yard lines, the ACC logos, and the GT outline are permanent
None of the paint or field markings are permanent. They’ll all be interchangeable and completely removable for week-to-week design changes.