Braves Regular Season

THWG

Helluva Engineer
There was also a significant announcer faux pas at the start if this series as the Braves guys were yuckin' it up about how they were gonna celebrate sweeping the Pirates.

I cringed when I heard it.
Yeah, when I heard that I thought it was not going to be a good series.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah, when I heard that I thought it was not going to be a good series.

Well, Braves cannot catch a break. Acuna down awkwardly, left knee. Weird twist retreating back to 2nd after a leadoff double.

Walking off under his own power but limping terribly.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Per reports, Acuna tears his ACL. Smh.

This is the opposite leg, not the same as before.
So does this mean another WS title? 😅

In all seriousness, there are times in history when you look at a phenomenal player and think “what if”, and I hope above all hopes this isn’t the beginning of a “what if he never tore his ACL” story. He will now be playing with both ACLs surgically repaired, and I just wonder how much this is going to impact him. Please oh please don’t let this be the beginning of the end for him.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

In all seriousness, there are times in history when you look at a phenomenal player and think “what if”, and I hope above all hopes this isn’t the beginning of a “what if he never tore his ACL” story. He will now be playing with both ACLs surgically repaired, and I just wonder how much this is going to impact him. Please oh please don’t let this be the beginning of the end for him.
He’ll become a DH.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

This is actually sad. Hope the kid makes it back 100%. He was arguably the most talented guy in the league. How often does an Atlanta team have anything close to that?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Good luck with Schwellenbach, then.

We need to pitch Sale, Fried, and Lopez more to get tha Schwellenbach in our win column...

See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Maybe it’s time to get back to the basics of ball.

Let go of Schwellenbach, next time,
Alex and Snitker and the boys.
The successful team you’re building is playing like the Rockies down at Coors.

Between Sean Murphy’s pain song and C Morton’s lame song and Acuna’s crying in the rain.

Let go of Schwellenbach, next time.
Ain’t nobody gettin’ no ring.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Braves are just bad. Boring to watch. The playoff-Phils broke them.

Hope they can figure it out and live up to potential when it matters most.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Braves are just bad. Boring to watch. The playoff-Phils broke them.

Hope they can figure it out and live up to potential when it matters most.
Agreed. The life has been sucked out of the clubhouse and it's on AA to make a move that motivates them. Bring in the help!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
The Braves are playing bad baseball right now. In a month they’ve gone from best record in MLB to 7 GB in their own division. Bad, bad mojo.

I thought the adapted lyrics were pretty good. Of course, totally lost on you youngsters. Ha!

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Braves are playing bad baseball right now. In a month they’ve gone from best record in MLB to 7 GB in their own division. Bad, bad mojo.

"Bad mojo", you say?

Well apparently, top prospect pitcher O. Murphy needs Tommy John surgery. The hits just keep coming, and not in a good way.

Whatever the reverse-Midas touch is, the Braves have it rn.

Like I said before, I'm just gonna sit back and hope this all turns around. I may be proactive and sacrifice a GOAT. Maybe that's why Wayne Gretzky was at Truist last night?