Braves Regular Season

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Lookin like Cy Fried out there. Once the bats .. *cough* Acuna *cough* .. wake up, it's gonna be fun watching the Braves (again?).
Assuming
1) Comcast and Diamond get their acts together, or
2) I bite the bullet and switch to AT&T fiber (which is really tempting at .6 GB for $60/mo).

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Assuming
1) Comcast and Diamond get their acts together, or
2) I bite the bullet and switch to AT&T fiber (which is really tempting at .6 GB for $60/mo).
As an AT&T fiber customer who is moving to a place with no fiber, I have loved every second of having fiber. I've never had a bit of issue with download or upload speeds, and I had the GiG package. Totally worth it IMO

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
As an AT&T fiber customer who is moving to a place with no fiber, I have loved every second of having fiber. I've never had a bit of issue with download or upload speeds, and I had the GiG package. Totally worth it IMO
Understood. So does my neighbor who switched. I had a VERY bad experience with AT&T in the not too distant past that left me quite miffed. Comcast, while expensive, has never given me such an experience.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
So the Braves are still 6 GB Philly in the NL East. To date, Philly is 4-2 vs. currently >.500 teams while the Braves are 12-12. That’s 24 such games for the Braves to 6 for the Phillies. Very significant, IMHO. Also, the Phillies have played 4 more games than the Braves, so that lead might just be 4 games, not 6. Not to worry yet, but the vats need to crank up or it could get much worse.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So the Braves are still 6 GB Philly in the NL East. To date, Philly is 4-2 vs. currently >.500 teams while the Braves are 12-12. That’s 24 such games for the Braves to 6 for the Phillies. Very significant, IMHO. Also, the Phillies have played 4 more games than the Braves, so that lead might just be 4 games, not 6. Not to worry yet, but the vats need to crank up or it could get much worse.

Good post. It's not nothing.

I've heard hosts on mlbradio talk about this as a lot of fans have been calling them out for their picking ATL as favorites preseason.

PHI has played 40+ games against bad or struggling teams.

Not saying their record is "fake", but that's a significant portion of the season overall, let alone of the early season.

Braves bats definitely need to pick it up. We've seen signs of life. If the starters, minus L-der, keep up the good work I can see a surge coming soon.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Good post. It's not nothing.

I've heard hosts on mlbradio talk about this as a lot of fans have been calling them out for their picking ATL as favorites preseason.

PHI has played 40+ games against bad or struggling teams.

Not saying their record is "fake", but that's a significant portion of the season overall, let alone of the early season.

Braves bats definitely need to pick it up. We've seen signs of life. If the starters, minus L-der, keep up the good work I can see a surge coming soon.
The rotation has largely been good. Sale (2.22 ERA) has been lights out. Fried (3.38) has 2 complete games. Lopez (1.55) has been a major surprise, but may be innings limited this season. Morton (3.35) has been Morton, up and down but generally good. That 5th slot is the question. With Strider we’d be set, buy some youngster (AS-S, Vines, Elder) will have to step up at some point or AA will have to go shopping.

Bullpen has come totally unglued a few times and that’s troubling to me. Still, overall, they’re pretty good. Reliever WHIP is 1.23, good for 10th in MLB.

As long as that holds the Braves are good. As the season wears on and stamina wanes, the bats will have to pick up, especially with a bullpen that has the WTH game a bit too often.

Just my $.02 worth this sunny morning.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The rotation has largely been good. Sale (2.22 ERA) has been lights out. Fried (3.38) has 2 complete games. Lopez (1.55) has been a major surprise, but may be innings limited this season. Morton (3.35) has been Morton, up and down but generally good. That 5th slot is the question. With Strider we’d be set, buy some youngster (AS-S, Vines, Elder) will have to step up at some point or AA will have to go shopping.

Bullpen has come totally unglued a few times and that’s troubling to me. Still, overall, they’re pretty good. Reliever WHIP is 1.23, good for 10th in MLB.

As long as that holds the Braves are good. As the season wears on and stamina wanes, the bats will have to pick up, especially with a bullpen that has the WTH game a bit too often.

Just my $.02 worth this sunny morning.

Agree with all this. Plus I expect PHI to come down the earth. They're good but they're not this good.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
As much as I'd love to continue our dominance of the NL East, I'm more focused on our postseason performance. Sure, I'd love to win the division, but if the days off mean another lethargic performance, give me the Wild Card and another WS run!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
As much as I'd love to continue our dominance of the NL East, I'm more focused on our postseason performance. Sure, I'd love to win the division, but if the days off mean another lethargic performance, give me the Wild Card and another WS run!
Both would be nice, but if it’s one or the other, I’m with you.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Oh my. This Ray Kerr start looks noncompetitive so far. Hope he can ramp it up. Sheesh, he's not fooling anyone.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Now with Sawyver on the shelf, we are having to dig deep just to have a 5 man rotation. AA may have to make a move….

Yeah, can't be having throwaway games like this.

And if Vines was available, why not just start him? He's been able to atleast keep them in games. Kerr was non-competitive from the start. It was unfair to him to have him start.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Not very often but for as bad as the Braves have played lately, we're still 9 games over .500 and the pitching has been phenomenal most of the time. The offense will click.
I think so, but the team is clearly out of synch right now. Mostly hitting and relief pitching.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think so, but the team is clearly out of synch right now. Mostly hitting and relief pitching.

There was also a significant announcer faux pas at the start if this series as the Braves guys were yuckin' it up about how they were gonna celebrate sweeping the Pirates.

I cringed when I heard it.