Braves Regular Season

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don’t read the AUC anymore. JMO, but not paying for their schlock anymore.

For some reason, the only Braves/Mets games I saw this season was this last series.

I thought you were being sarcastic when you asked before. Apparently they have 2 more younger brothers that play, although I'm not sure their ages and if they're top prospects or not. They were all in attendance at the first Braves/Mets game. The one prior to the postponed games.

The broadcast showed RAJr heckling his brother throughout. Pretty funny moments.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I thought you were being sarcastic when you asked before. Apparently they have 2 more younger brothers that play, although I'm not sure their ages and if they're top prospects or not. They were all in attendance at the first Braves/Mets game. The one prior to the postponed games.

The broadcast showed RAJr heckling his brother throughout. Pretty funny moments.
Don’t underestimate my stupidity, you’ll offend me.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Amazed the Braves did what they did with this season. Sale being out for the postseason was a sad bit apropos ending.

This was a very flawed team, especially at the plate. As we saw tonight, small ball works and wins games. Appropriately, the 4 runs the Braves scored tonight came on 3 HRs.

Don’t pin this one of Fries. This was one of the most unlucky outings I’ve ever seen for a pitcher. AA needs to sign him, maybe sign Morton for half the price, sign at least one solid hitter, and work to convert Albies to a hitter (remove his huge uppercut). Guy could hit .300 every year with a different approach. Then refill the bullpen.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Amazed the Braves did what they did with this season. Sale being out for the postseason was a sad bit apropos ending.

This was a very flawed team, especially at the plate. As we saw tonight, small ball works and wins games. Appropriately, the 4 runs the Braves scored tonight came on 3 HRs.

Don’t pin this one of Fries. This was one of the most unlucky outings I’ve ever seen for a pitcher. AA needs to sign him, maybe sign Morton for half the price, sign at least one solid hitter, and work to convert Albies to a hitter (remove his huge uppercut). Guy could hit .300 every year with a different approach. Then refill the bullpen.
Gotta address the rotation, but mainly get some dudes who have a good OBP and BA. It's time to move on from Arcia, but I don't think Nacho is ready just yet. Kelenic fell on his face this year, but maybe after being here a year, we can pick him up a bit and get him pointed in the right direction. Kudos to the bullpen last night for keeping us in the game.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Fried gave up two hard hit balls, the solo HR and the scorcher right down the line with the bases loaded. Other than that it was seeing-eye dinks and dunks. I guess the one off hit butt was hard hit, too. Pitchers don’t square up to field their position anymore either. Surprise more don’t get seriously hurt more often. Fried’s gonna be walking funny today.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Gotta address the rotation, but mainly get some dudes who have a good OBP and BA. It's time to move on from Arcia, but I don't think Nacho is ready just yet. Kelenic fell on his face this year, but maybe after being here a year, we can pick him up a bit and get him pointed in the right direction. Kudos to the bullpen last night for keeping us in the game.

Yeah, need a starter. Maybe buy low on the guy the dbaggs are throwing under the bus. Montgomery? He's been good everywhere but there, iiuc. Seems like the problem is the dbaggs, not him?

Agree on Arcia. He's done and Nacho's not ready.

Kelenic showed flashes. Interesting that apparently at one point he was more highly regarded in SEA than Julio Rodriguez as a prospect. Seems to me he faltered once he was thrust in a more primary role. Maybe, once the injured guys return, he'll be one of the guys that extend the lineup in the 6-9 positions.

Bullpen held their own nicely. It'd be good to seek upgrades there though.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I’d pick up one starter, even if Fried stays. This is a necessity if Fries gets tossed. Returning are Sale, Lopez, Strider (hopefully), and Schwellenbach.

Bullpen needs an infusion post-Chavez, Jackson, et al. Returning are: Iglesias, Lee, Johnson, Hernandez, Minter (hopefully), Holmes, and Jimenez, and maybe Bummer. If he’ll do it, I’d see if I can get a bargain on Morton to replace Chavez as long relief/spot starter, but doubt he’ll do that.

I’m not as down on Arcia as y’all. We could do better, but at what astronomical price? Just don’t think the upside is worth the cost, IMPO.

Definitely need a LF who can hit. Go get one and pay him. No reason for that to be a black hole. Silly. Either make Albies stop his silly 25 degree uppercut or trade him (speaking hyperbolically). No reason to let him do that. Does he have short-man syndrome? He could be a terror as a pure hitter, batting near or over .300 ahead of all those power hitters, but he insists on swinging for the fence every PA. It’s nuts.

If I can, I keep Urshella, Laureano, Soler, and maybe Merrifield.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Just saw reference to an article by Bill Shanks that the following are missed games for the Braves this year:

Strider - 155
Acuna - 112
Minter - 73
Albies - 63
Harris - 52
Riley - 51
Murphy - 49
Lopez - 26
Fired - 13

I would add Sale - 4 (this was also critical, IMO)

This is just nuts! That team was able to scrap back into the postseason, albeit on the final day. I'm not crazy about how Snit handles pitchers all the time, but that he got this team into the postseason at all is masterful.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Happy to see the team fight to make the October calendar. Agree with a lot of the previous posts. Starting pitching will need a makeover. Some bullpen depth will churn. I'd like to upgrade on Arcia, but didn't know where that comes from. Better health will go a long way. I could see Laureano in LF on a one year deal and Kelenic as a matchup starter and defensive replacement all around. The changes at SP will be what I watch the most.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I’d pick up one starter, even if Fried stays. This is a necessity if Fries gets tossed. Returning are Sale, Lopez, Strider (hopefully), and Schwellenbach.

Bullpen needs an infusion post-Chavez, Jackson, et al. Returning are: Iglesias, Lee, Johnson, Hernandez, Minter (hopefully), Holmes, and Jimenez, and maybe Bummer. If he’ll do it, I’d see if I can get a bargain on Morton to replace Chavez as long relief/spot starter, but doubt he’ll do that.

I’m not as down on Arcia as y’all. We could do better, but at what astronomical price? Just don’t think the upside is worth the cost, IMPO.

Definitely need a LF who can hit. Go get one and pay him. No reason for that to be a black hole. Silly. Either make Albies stop his silly 25 degree uppercut or trade him (speaking hyperbolically). No reason to let him do that. Does he have short-man syndrome? He could be a terror as a pure hitter, batting near or over .300 ahead of all those power hitters, but he insists on swinging for the fence every PA. It’s nuts.

If I can, I keep Urshella, Laureano, Soler, and maybe Merrifield.

I hear you on Arcia. Maybe it's like how I feel on Kelenic. He was exposed after the injuries and is meant for a much lesser role.

This year, because of injuries, the team relied more on Arcia offensively and that was too much for him.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I hear you on Arcia. Maybe it's like how I feel on Kelenic. He was exposed after the injuries and is meant for a much lesser role.

This year, because of injuries, the team relied more on Arcia offensively and that was too much for him.
With the major needs we have - to upgrade a starting pitcher and buy a good-hitting LF - not sure we need to drop another $15-20M/year on a SS upgrade.

Let’s get the SP position settled and see who’s available in LF first. Then, if there’s money, maybe we can upgrade SS.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
With the major needs we have - to upgrade a starting pitcher and buy a good-hitting LF - not sure we need to drop another $15-20M/year on a SS upgrade.

Let’s get the SP position settled and see who’s available in LF first. Then, if there’s money, maybe we can upgrade SS.

I can see that. On another note, I grew to like Laureano but wonder if he's odd man out when Acuna returns. He's good enough to play somewhere, no need to sit on the bench here unless he just likes it here.

And have we seen the last of Duvall? I think yes.