Brandon Adams Passes Away

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Occurs sometimes with an undetected heart condition among other things.......sucks if they are not caught.......didn't we have another player recently hang up his spikes a a medical condition that was caught?
My fiance works with the heart alongside one of the best Cardiologists from Southern Indiana to Nashville and she absolutely cannot stand hearing when an athlete passes due to something that couldve been determined through a 10 minute scan.

Granted, each case is different and it's a terrible tragedy when a young man/woman loses their life, but you gotta wonder how often they undergo routine scans and physicals due to the amount of stress they put on their bodies. And how the majority of athletes who pass are football players.. just very sad

And yes it was AJ Gray he got very very lucky.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation Medical Examiner’s Office performed an autopsy on Georgia Tech football player Brandon Adams Monday to determine the manner and cause of death. However, the office informed the Atlanta Police Department that further lab tests, including toxicology, will be needed.

Per AJC

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (don't see it anywhere) but this article puts out some circumstantial info about Adams and Omega Psi Phi and posits that it could be possible it was a fraternity related (read, hazing) incident...

https://www.theroot.com/what-happened-to-brandon-adams-1833644427

Obviously this is all speculation and could be a load of crap but thought it was worth posting...

Very speculative and honestly, that website is premature in publishing that, if you ask me. It's a concerning possibility, though, and the fact that they haven't determined a COD yet is only going to lead to speculation.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Very speculative and honestly, that website is premature in publishing that, if you ask me. It's a concerning possibility, though, and the fact that they haven't determined a COD yet is only going to lead to speculation.

The article pretty much says: On Sunday, the national chair of the fraternity sent out a notice that pretty much cancelled all recruitment activities. That the rules for the fraternity require an older supervisor for all recruitment activities. That the article's author received information that there were fraternity "candidates" and other fraternity members at a meeting without the older supervisor on Saturday evening. That meeting violated the rules of the fraternity.

The article does not say that anyone was subjected to hazing or was harmed by hazing. I can certainly be inferred. The articles author received information about unusual activity by the national organization. He then received information that around the time of the incident that the local chapter was violating fraternity rules. I have no issue with him reporting such facts. I do have a problem if some people take a few facts and make a hard conclusion based on them. I don't think the author did that. He did say that the actions by the fraternity, national and local, look suspicious, but he didn't accuse them of any actual wrongdoing. The actions of the fraternity do indeed look suspicious, but that of itself doesn't mean that they are responsible for what transpired.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Agree and been a lot of smoke to this all week. Such a sad situation

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The article pretty much says: On Sunday, the national chair of the fraternity sent out a notice that pretty much cancelled all recruitment activities. That the rules for the fraternity require an older supervisor for all recruitment activities. That the article's author received information that there were fraternity "candidates" and other fraternity members at a meeting without the older supervisor on Saturday evening. That meeting violated the rules of the fraternity.

The article does not say that anyone was subjected to hazing or was harmed by hazing. I can certainly be inferred. The articles author received information about unusual activity by the national organization. He then received information that around the time of the incident that the local chapter was violating fraternity rules. I have no issue with him reporting such facts. I do have a problem if some people take a few facts and make a hard conclusion based on them. I don't think the author did that. He did say that the actions by the fraternity, national and local, look suspicious, but he didn't accuse them of any actual wrongdoing. The actions of the fraternity do indeed look suspicious, but that of itself doesn't mean that they are responsible for what transpired.
Yeah the immediate shutting down of any and all activities nationally (before they've even been mentioned in the news or implicated in any way) puts up a HUGE red flag for me. I really hope this isn't one of those situations where a fraternity holds back on seeking help that could have saved a life immediately because they were trying to protect themselves. It's just sad all around.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Fraternities haze. It is what it is when you read the definition of "hazing". But, that speaks to the local chapter when something goes amiss because of hazing, because those are specific to each chapter. However, if something went wrong during a ceremony, the regional leadership and then the National folks have to get involved heavily. If what the reporter said is true (we all know how that is), then the National folks are reviewing that ceremony and will stop all chapters from doing that ceremony.
Yes, it is the national folks doing their version of CYA.
I hope this is a bad reporting job, and I pray the good Lord needed Big B more than we needed him. May he forever Rest in Peace.

I wasn't criticizing, I'm glad the cause is known.

Hope just hope alcohol isn't involved, but then again I was a college athlete who was in a fraternity so, I kinda got that feeling in the pit of my stomach.
I know what you meant. I felt the same way.
I don't think alcohol would cause convulsions and foaming at the mouth. I think this goes back to the original proposition that he had died of an aneurysm. Nothing in particular would have caused it, and nothing could have been done to stop it. Ken reported on the convulsions and foaming at the mouth in his AJC article, the link to which I posted earlier.