Brandon Adams Passes Away

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
A fall in a garage setting, likely a hard floor, could definitely cause traumatic brain injury which is what sounds like is being described. It could be they are waiting for the tox screen to see if it was just an accident or if there was something in his system that caused him to collapse.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
How?

This appears to be on the highest level of freak accidents. If he was being hazed there should/would be immediate signs(my roommates pledge and lost like 40lbs). It sounds like he was in the process of preparing for his probate show and learning how to step to become a Que

I hope your right bro.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I hope your right bro.
I hope so too. I would hate for any frat to be in trouble and more than that would hate it if someone else contributed to Big B's passing (and my guess is they would hate it for the rest of their lives....)....so for the sake of everyone involved, I also hope you're right, bro!

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
I know of several OL on the team that were in fraternities while I was a tech. Not terribly uncommon. Heck I honestly can’t think of someone that wasn’t a lineman that was in one.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Seems clear it was not the fall that injured him. There was something brain related going on. Brain aneurysm sounds like an option with the apparent seizure. Note: I'm not a doctor whatsoever, this is just anecdotal.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Seems clear it was not the fall that injured him. There was something brain related going on. Brain aneurysm sounds like an option with the apparent seizure. Note: I'm not a doctor whatsoever, this is just anecdotal.

People have definitely died from simple falls. I read a story where a guy got charged with manslaughter because he punched a man, and the man fell, hit his head on the pavement and died. So, it is a possibility. It is also a possibility that something was already going wrong that caused him to collapse. Still more questions than answers.

crut

Helluva Engineer
People have definitely died from simple falls. I read a story where a guy got charged with manslaughter because he punched a man, and the man fell, hit his head on the pavement and died. So, it is a possibility. It is also a possibility that something was already going wrong that caused him to collapse. Still more questions than answers.
Of course people can die from falling. It seems clear that's not what happened here though (the fall causing the fatal damage). Falling doesn't cause convulsions, foaming at the mouth, and a lack of any sort of cut or bruising.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Of course people can die from falling. That just clearly doesn't sound like what happened here. Falling doesn't cause convulsions, foaming at the mouth, and a lack of any sort of cut or bruising. The story has been consistent

It does if the fall causes a brain injury. But again, we just don't know. You may be right. My grandmother had a brain hemmorhage and collapsed just like that, so its very possible.

crut

Helluva Engineer
It does if the fall causes a brain injury. But again, we just don't know. You may be right. My grandmother had a brain hemmorhage and collapsed just like that, so its very possible.
You're right, seizures can be caused by traumatic brain injuries. I wasn't aware of that.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Happened to a WF assistant coach and there is a lawsuit against him. A person was in NYC at some wedding event and somehow the two got into an argument. The kid was asking directions and somehow turned into a confrontation. Assistant coach punched him and he fell hitting his head and died. Haven't heard anything recently about resolution.

Bamajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
A cerebral hemorrhage or aneurysm would be seen on an autopsy. According to the preliminary reports no obvious cause of death was found at autopsy. I suppose it is possible there were some findings from the autopsy that were not released pending results of the toxicology studies.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I could see them finding an immediate (traumatic) cause of death or for example cerebral hemorrhage and wanting toxicology if it helps determine why someone fell or had severe hypertension to cause the hemorrhage. But really we don't know at this point.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I could see them finding an immediate (traumatic) cause of death or for example cerebral hemorrhage and wanting toxicology if it helps determine why someone fell or had severe hypertension to cause the hemorrhage. But really we don't know at this point.

That makes sense.