Brand New Transfer Season NIL talk

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I was at Tech when Lucius Sanford played. He ushered at the Omni in the winter. I saw him on several occasions at Flames games. It's likely he could not have done it during the season, but there are 8 months of non-season in a given year.

Verner H Free

Georgia Tech Fan
Instead of working towards a viable system for NIL and SA compensation that would be equitable for everyone, they waited until they were forced to...then it was Pandora's box. The NCAA essentially proved that they were useless and nothing but cover for conferences and schools.

NCAA is going to be toast in the next few decades once conferences are done with expansion and it becomes a two tiered system of the P2 and everyone else.

Verner H Free

Georgia Tech Fan
Instead of working towards a viable system for NIL and SA compensation that would be equitable for everyone, they waited until they were forced to...then it was Pandora's box. The NCAA essentially proved that they were useless and nothing but cover for conferences and schools.

NCAA is going to be toast in the next few decades once conferences are done with expansion and it becomes a two tiered system of the P2 and everyone else.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Plenty of athletes have gotten offseason jobs and internships/coops.
And that actually doesn’t answer the question because I didn’t specify it properly and they still need to have money during the season and my question was during the whole year, not just the offseason. I should have been more specific. That’s my bad.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He's overrated. All the physical tools, but he's not the #1 overall QB this class.

They'll have Carson Beck back, and Gunner Stockton behind him. I'm sure UGA will have other QBs lined up to play there.

I tried to tell folks I scouted this kid at their playoff loss. Was not impressed.

ole ball coach

Georgia Tech Fan
I tried to tell folks I scouted this kid at their playoff loss. Was not impressed.
I was told by a well respected HS coach that is a QB guru that the Philo kid from Prince Avenue is hands down the best QB in the state. He said way ahead of everyone else in all the mental aspects of the game.
I'm very excited to see him develop. Looks like our QB situation moving forward will be a very strong position with the talent we are developing and acquiring. Our future looks very bright in the QB stable at GT.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wow. That kid moved here from California, didn't he, just to be close to Athens for his senior season?

Nebraska is putting together a HUGE NIL package for him. They're as interested in winning the media war as they are getting a good QB.

UGA doesn't really need him. They have another QB already committed that's a 4 star, and they know they'll have other QBs lining up to play for them in next recruiting cycle.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I was told by a well respected HS coach that is a QB guru that the Philo kid from Prince Avenue is hands down the best QB in the state. He said way ahead of everyone else in all the mental aspects of the game.
I'm very excited to see him develop. Looks like our QB situation moving forward will be a very strong position with the talent we are developing and acquiring. Our future looks very bright in the QB stable at GT.
He's good but--My only question about him is the level of competition.The tape I saw showed him with almost NO pressure. Makes it real easy to look good.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
The decline over in Athens is beginning even earlier than I expected...

For all of you who this way too seriously, I was joking. In all seriousness though, I sometimes look around over on some dwags message boards, and I assure you, they definitely care about this one. Obviously, they have Stockton and I'm sure some other recruits coming in, but this is not an insignificant loss for them.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
For all of you who this way too seriously, I was joking. In all seriousness though, I sometimes look around over on some dwags message boards, and I assure you, they definitely care about this one. Obviously, they have Stockton and I'm sure some other recruits coming in, but this is not an insignificant loss for them.
Agree. The decline of UGA will start in the locker room, or perhaps a courtroom, but not on the recruiting trail. Recruiting has not been and will not be a problem, but it’s nice to hear of some angst coming out of Athens.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I thought this was a joke until I read the article. He was at the mutt game at Bobby Dodd and taking pictures with the mutt fans like a movie star. Oof