Brad Stewart is an athlete

Like I said, "he is impressive from a physicality standpoint and has a quick reaction" I just thought MM and BS were more college ready. Not saying Vic isn't, as I stated he may be a great player for us even this year at some point. He would get the nod for most jaw dropping highlights for sure.
Hey now be easy ! I just think most guys are only talking about Stewart and Marshall because of what they keep reading or hearing from this board. Once we start hitting other teams, I think Vic is going to evolve into an important role for this team as the year goes on. He to darn talented to keep off the field. I agree with you on Marshall and Stewart. They both will help GT this year for sure.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
:D
Hey now be easy ! I just think most guys are only talking about Stewart and Marshall because of what they keep reading or hearing from this board. Once we start hitting other teams, I think Vic is going to evolve into an important role for this team as the year goes on. He to darn talented to keep off the field. I agree with you on Marshall and Stewart. They both will help GT this year for sure.
Didn't want you to think I was short selling Vic, I really like him a lot. Met him at fan day and talked to him after the autograph signing was over and he seemed like a genuinely good guy. Also told him to give Chubb a good kill shot. :D

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
His play is talking for himself. That's why his name keeps getting brought up every ten minutes.
Not only is his play doing his talking, but so is CPJ! Btw, I'd like to hear an interview with him but I don't think they're allowed as freshmen. I bet he's about as humble as the rest.

I don't see any difference in being excited about Brad or Marcus Marshall, but I don't hear anybody telling people to calm down about Marcus. I'm glad both guys are ballin'. We need it considering these were two of the biggest areas of concern heading into the off season. I just wish we had somebody kicking tail at Aback to complete the trifecta!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not only is his play doing his talking, but so is CPJ! Btw, I'd like to hear an interview with him but I don't think they're allowed as freshmen. I bet he's about as humble as the rest.

I don't see any difference in being excited about Brad or Marcus Marshall, but I don't hear anybody telling people to calm down about Marcus. I'm glad both guys are ballin'. We need it considering these were two of the biggest areas of concern heading into the off season. I just wish we had somebody kicking tail at Aback to complete the trifecta!

No one's going overboard on him though.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Are you guys kidding me?

How about some of you quit patting yourselves on the back, and the rest of you quit going into conniptions, and enjoy a young man's career, and stop worrying about what color his skin is and instead pay attention to his uniform color. (hint, it's the ones you root for)

Good grief.
I see what you did there. Try and distract the guys arguing about Stewart by getting them to argue over the shades of gold Russell uses in the uniforms. I am not sure whether to credit you with brilliance or slap you with a fish.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Some are, read his title thread. Also, nobody was calling Marcus a "Wes Welker" type, either. I think the two "Brad buddies" went overboard in reaction to a few others expressing contrary opinions.

Was the title edited. I just see his name?

I hate that people compare Stewart to Welker and the like and I do agree the BS Twins (hehe) are way out of line. I disagree though that it was only in reaction to contrary opinions. They walked in the door with way over-the-top stuff on Stewart.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
It is the same tiresome phenomenon as the way the media handles a news story. You get a few days of back and forth, wall to wall, over the top reactionary coverage. Then you get weeks of the media talking about themselves and how they reported the story and handled the story and patting themselves on the back and criticizing themselves . . . all in front of our (the public's) faces boring us to tears by their egos and self-satisfaction, arrogance, condescension, and self-absorption.

It could have been ended when it began by moderators in his recruitment thread. Or it can be handled by those who feel the need to respond to Declinometer or Dottie instead just clicking to ignore them. Neither route was taken so all of us other fans that wanted to follow Stewart's recruitment and would like to now follow his career as a Tech student-athlete got lambasted with the same kind of back and forth self-absorbed reporting and discussion one gets from the media over events in the news.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It's creating a negative environment, and it leaves a bad taste whenever the name "Brad Stewart" comes up...and none of it is Brad's fault. From what we've read and heard about him, he's a dream SA...works hard on and off the field, and he's making the most of his opportunity. Unfortunately, a few fonts are poisoning the well for him.
This is exactly my concern. I used to love hearing about Stewart but now I almost dread coming to these threads because it always seems to devolve into a s--- throwing contest.

wesleyd21

Georgia Tech Fan
"I think this class has more 1-8 guys than the 2007 class."

Feeling stupid here...what does "more 1-8 guys" mean?