Bracketology - Let's Do This

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interesting thoughts on how to handle the Sweet Sixteen going forward.
I like the idea of having the Sweet Sixteen games on Sat and Sun with Elite Eight on Mon and Tues. That does make alot more sense for fans and it does give each game room to breathe.
Not sure I like the idea of having the Sweet Sixteen in one city, but it is an interesting idea and the idea of having it in a city that lacks a dome so it can't host a Final Four is intriguing. Maybe you hold the Sweet Sixteen in 2 cities. One a domeless city and the other the city hosting the Final Four the next year. Put 2 regionals in each.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Complete breakdown and bad coaching on Cronin’s part. Should’ve fouled immediately on the inbound. But they stepped up in OT and dominated.

What made it funnier is during the entire timeout before that shot, the announcers were only talking about how Cronin is a big believer in fouling up 3 in that exact situation... and then it didn't happen.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
What made it funnier is during the entire timeout before that shot, the announcers were only talking about how Cronin is a big believer in fouling up 3 in that exact situation... and then it didn't happen.
Bammer seemed to have a great plan for that shot. I couldn't really tell how the shooter got himself open. They moved the ball really quickly and didn't give UCLA an opportunity to foul. Having defensive guys inside the 3 point line in that situation is a mystery though.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Bammer seemed to have a great plan for that shot. I couldn't really tell how the shooter got himself open. They moved the ball really quickly and didn't give UCLA an opportunity to foul. Having defensive guys inside the 3 point line in that situation is a mystery though.

He basically acted like he was going to go set a screen for the guy receiving the ball and just slipped it. The ball handler recognized the coming trap and probably foul and got rid of it before crossing half court.

As far as the defender's locations go #2, who ended up "contesting the shot" was basically standing on the three point line. That shot was an absolute bomb from about 6 feet behind the arc from a guy who was a sub 30% shooter. My guess is #2 was told that his man was likely the worst shooter on the court for Bama and that he was thinking more about stepping up if the initially ball handler got past the trap.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting thoughts on how to handle the Sweet Sixteen going forward.
I like the idea of having the Sweet Sixteen games on Sat and Sun with Elite Eight on Mon and Tues. That does make alot more sense for fans and it does give each game room to breathe.
Not sure I like the idea of having the Sweet Sixteen in one city, but it is an interesting idea and the idea of having it in a city that lacks a dome so it can't host a Final Four is intriguing. Maybe you hold the Sweet Sixteen in 2 cities. One a domeless city and the other the city hosting the Final Four the next year. Put 2 regionals in each.

Problem with this is it’s hard for fans to make plans to travel for the Final Four to see their team on only four days notice

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
You definitely won't like AL and Nate Oats. His entire offensive philsophy rests on advanced analytics that say any shot other than a shot in the circle or a 3-pt shot are bad shots. In their practices they tape their floors and basically show where there players should take shots from and they are penalized if they take anything other than shots from those 2 places.
I know I missed my opportunity but I'm highly disappointed nobody asked if Nate Oats tapes the FT line.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So yea Gonzaga is good... it looked like they were half-assing it in the 2nd half and they still beat them by 19. Unreal.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Friend of mine is looking like a genius if UCLA wins this game. He did an ESPN bracket challenge and picked Michigan St to go to the Final 4 since he’s a Spartan fan. The thing with that is, you take a team from the play in game to advance it doesn’t let you just chose one of the teams. It’s a combination of both from that game. So by taking MSU he technically still has UCLA in the Final 4 lol.