Bracketology - Let's Do This

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I am a Loyola-Chicago fan now. How they stoned Illinois in the second half after going up in the first half, answering everything Illinois threw at them was something to see. Similar score and script to our game with them.

The Big hasn't exactly been ripping it up in this tournament, despite their supposed conference superiority. A good reminder for us not to bite too hard in these metrics. Parity rules the day. Good players and good coaches run deep into the mid-major level.

Deleted member 2897

I am a Loyola-Chicago fan now. How they stoned Illinois in the second half after going up in the first half, answering everything Illinois threw at them was something to see. Similar score and script to our game with them.

The Big hasn't exactly been ripping it up in this tournament, despite their supposed conference superiority. A good reminder for us not to bite too hard in these metrics. Parity rules the day. Good players and good coaches run deep into the mid-major level.

We see this every year in the tournament from “upset” teams. 7 of their 8 main players are seniors. Well coached. Winning is just in their DNA.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Depends upon the ref. Some refs are pretty impervious to that, but there are some that can be intimidated, those are the ones that not getting on them more can hurt you.
I'm surprised to be saying this, but after TV Teddy gets his attention, he's actually one of the fairest refs we had this year. Just how many times did Tech players get elbowed in the head against Loyola with no fouls called? At least three. There was a foul called for the punch to the face...the one the announcer called a 'hand check' .
The elbow to Parham was absolutely on purpose.