Bracketology - Let's Do This

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
All of this is going perfectly for the ACC haters. If we can’t beat Loyola without Moses - “see, even the ACC Champion couldn’t beat a mid major.” 🙄

Let haters hate. We've got a good team and I believe the coaching staff will have our guys ready to compete and succeed.

I'm not saying that history may repeat itself but Moses had a breakout game at the ACC tournament at the end of his 2nd year. A breakout for Howard could be giving the team a good 20-25 minutes of space eating, rim protecting defense along with scoring on put backs. This could be his opportunity to shine. Moore could also step up and hit a few 3 pointers thus opening up the middle more for slashers.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
All of this is going perfectly for the ACC haters. If we can’t beat Loyola without Moses - “see, even the ACC Champion couldn’t beat a mid major.” 🙄
It’s also why the relative comparison of GT vs other teams and conference vs conference has arguably never been apples to apples. Many teams had players of significance out throughout the year during competition, and analysts and fans who are outside looking in often just look at W vs L, unless they are intimately familiar with a team. In some ways we’ve been fortunate to not have a key cog out until now. Sucks that this is the time it happens to us.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I guess a lot of people revised their bracket after the revelations regarding Oklahoma, Kansas and GT. I will be surprised if this is the end of the impact on games and which teams advance.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Who will replace 20 points and 10 rebounds. Moore will need to step it up a notch and hope we can get some points and rebounds from Howard. May slow the game down. Will be interesting to see how pastner adjusts without Moses. Not good but other teams have had to deal as well. We got a break against UVA .

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So... Duke staying at home during the ACC tournament while their campus was having an outbreak is taking out the ACC slowly but surely. The rat wins again.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Who will replace 20 points and 10 rebounds. Moore will need to step it up a notch and hope we can get some points and rebounds from Howard. May slow the game down. Will be interesting to see how pastner adjusts without Moses. Not good but other teams have had to deal as well. We got a break against UVA .
That's why my vote is playing Ush at the 5. Howard isn't going to replace 20/10. Ush can probably increase his averages and Sturdivant can fill in for Ush.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Got to replace the production in the aggregate.

William S. Baker

Georgia Tech Fan
I would think Howard and Saba could protect the middle and let the team work their plays as normal.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
On ACC Network this morning, Packer put together the data on conference performance in football and basketball (money sports) since 2000. It is absolutely DOMINATED by the SEC (football, of course) and ACC (mostly basketball). ACC had 10 championships, and the Big Ten had 2, Big XII had 2, and Pac 10 had 1, iirc. Even the Big East had 6 (5 in basketball). SEC had the most (I forget how many)

Deleted member 2897

On ACC Network this morning, Packer put together the data on conference performance in football and basketball (money sports) since 2000. It is absolutely DOMINATED by the SEC (football, of course) and ACC (mostly basketball). ACC had 10 championships, and the Big Ten had 2, Big XII had 2, and Pac 10 had 1, iirc. Even the Big East had 6 (5 in basketball). SEC had the most (I forget how many)

Most of their universities are ranked pitifully low nationally in academics. There's like 6 or 8 of them ranked worse than #200 in the country. Most of the conference exists for the purpose of sports.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I would think Howard and Saba could protect the middle and let the team work their plays as normal.
I am not worried about our defense, I think Howard can do a decent job at that end. But on offense, we'll be playing 4 on 5. There is simply no way they will guard Howard the way they would have to guard Moses. Whoever has Howard will be looking to slough off every time to help out on the other 4 guys, which will make their offensive lives MUCH harder.

Take the under in this game if you're a betting man (or woman)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Most of their universities are ranked pitifully low nationally in academics. There's like 6 or 8 of them ranked worse than #200 in the country. Most of the conference exists for the purpose of sports.
I was impressed that the ACC was 2nd by such a wide margin....and that the other 3 P5 conferences were so bereft in this area...