Bracketology - Let's Do This

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Went to Final 4 in 2018. Don't know much about them but keep hearing they have a good defensive team...

That is only slightly more relevant than our run in 2004. The following year they went to the NIT and lost in the first round.

Not saying they can't win or aren't good, but that is not really relevant. And yeah, their a good defensive team. That being said, they don't have a real rim protector which should help us both with Moses and our guards driving.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So, you're saying there are 33 teams better than us? You're saying there are 33 teams with better records and credentials than us? Ain't buying it.

At this point it really doesn't matter what any one believes about team X being better than team Y....only one team wins. The rest leave as losers. Imo, we now have just as much chance as the other teams.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
That is only slightly more relevant than our run in 2004. The following year they went to the NIT and lost in the first round.

Not saying they can't win or aren't good, but that is not really relevant. And yeah, their a good defensive team. That being said, they don't have a real rim protector which should help us both with Moses and our guards driving.
Same coach?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
At the end of the day, we are solidly in with a very winnable match-up. I think we probably earned a 7 at worst, but we would have gladly taken this at almost any point during the season.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The committee always has a field selected going into Championship week. What changes during Championship week are the seedings (generally never a big impact) and bubble teams based on results. This year is no different.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Watched in real time as Tech appeared in the slot next to Loyola. My audible reaction was, “Oh no, they just want to knock Tech out so they can have a Loyola / Illinois matchup.”

Felt disrespected. Tech is an afterthought to these clowns.

Oh well, let’s grind up the competition. Get angry, and, win or lose, leave opposing teams so battered and bruised they just want to go home.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m so fired up for Friday!
What’s the schedule, normally they have Thur/Sat and Fri/Sun games, will this year be Fri/Sun and Sat/ Mon?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ever have any interest to go to one of their home games?
What is your critique of them or local knowledge?
Thanks for any reply.
They're a good team. They're an above-average mid-major who is not as good as they were 2 years ago. Great coach and kids that play really hard for him. They remind me of Virginia when they would slow everything down with stifling defense against their peers, but they're not as talented or as quick as Virginia. We should be favored and should win this game. But, they play them for a reason. Any team on any given Friday...