Bracketology - Let's Do This

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
The computer numbers that the committee looks at helps give them statistical analysis to support decisions but the eye test at the end of the season has to show we are one of the hottest teams in the country right now. In the past that used to count for a lot with teams that started slow.

Jmonty71

Banned
I think we need at least one win, in the ACC tourney to be very assured of a place in the dance. I think if we lose, barely; we may still get in. If we lay complete egg and get blown out, there is no way we are put into the dance. We made a huge step, by beating Duke. Sucks for Duke, as I think they are out, unless they tear it up, on the ACC tourney. However; we have control over our own destiny. We don't need to win the ACC, would be nice; but not needed. I see us going in as a 11th seed, maybe 10th....

Deleted member 2897

Duke getting in is good for the ACC...more NCAAT revenue share for the ACC, and thus GT.

GT just needs to beat Duke every year.

Yea didn’t we have like 9 teams get in recently where many went long and we got like $50 million back into the conference? I might be exaggerating in my attempt to remember back.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yea didn’t we have like 9 teams get in recently where many went long and we got like $50 million back into the conference? I might be exaggerating in my attempt to remember back.

With its 21 units in 2015, the ACC became the first conference to hit the $30 million mark for one tournament, pulling in a six-year payout cycle of nearly $33 million. Last year the ACC earned 25 units, besting the conference record set by the Big East in 2009 (24), which was the most since the NCAA started the basketball distribution fund in 1991.

Thanks to the fact that six of the ACC’s teams — Duke, Virginia, North Carolina, Syracuse, Notre Dame, and Miami — made the Sweet 16 last year, the six-year payout will equal at least $39.9 million.

We can hate Duke all we want, but to root for them (or any ACC team) not to make the tournament is cutting off our nose to spite our face. Pastner had a good reason to root for 11 ACC teams to make the NCAAT! LOL

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Georgia Tech: The Highlight Factory

A little marketing from the ACC ain't gone hurt nobody. Too bad they didn't sneak in Usher's absolutely filthy dunk from the Syracuse game on the Alvarado steal.

That was my favorite play of the year...the steal, the pass, the dunk.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Duke getting in is good for the ACC...more NCAAT revenue share for the ACC, and thus GT.

GT just needs to beat Duke every year.
**** puke. I vote put Syracuse in place of them. Honestly I'd rather lose the revenue than see puke in.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
That's because those ACC teams went deep in the dance.

Deleted member 2897

That's because those ACC teams went deep in the dance.

Yep, you get money for every win in the tournament. So if you have a lot of teams and many of them go far, you just pile up the money. And then you get to laugh at people like the Pac-12 who get 2 or 3 teams in and they immediately lose.

Deleted member 2897

According to Andy Demetra on Twitter:

Georgia Tech has the toughest conference SOS in the ACC this year according to KenPom (i.e., they’ve had the hardest draw). In the 15-team ACC era, here are the conference records of the teams with the #1 conf. SOS:

6-12
5-13
0-18
4-14
0-18
4-14
7-13

Georgia Tech is 10-6.

And that doesn’t even take into account the bull**** games where we played on 1 day rest while opponent had a week.

Deleted member 2897

Piece 1 falls into place - Syracuse beats Clemson. Now if we beat Wake Forest we move at least onto 5th. If Virginia beats Louisville, we move into 4th. Virginia Tech tucked tail and run, so they likely hang on to 3rd despite only having 9 wins. (9-4 would get the higher seed over an 11-6 LOLOLOL)