Bracketology - Let's Do This

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with the idea that more experienced players result in a higher quality college game. However, I don't think guys like Zion, LaBron, Kobe, Durant, really belong in college to begin with. They stick out like a sore thumb in an awkward, negative way. The other issue is how few spots the NBA has for college players in any give year. It is a drop in the bucket. However it remains very sad to see very good college players leave early to be fringe NBA journeymen if they make it at all. But, if they don't value their college experience, not sure there is anything that should be done about that. Hopefully the G-League will absorb college rentals and that players who stay longer in school will be the result. Then we can all be happy.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
The games the last day and a half really illustrate how down the college game is this season. 3 pt shooting has been a disaster.

Deleted member 2897

The last Big Ten team vs the last ACC team. 2 trash cans banging it out.

FSU has 10 turnovers with several minutes left to halftime.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bot teams shoot 33% in the first half.
The basiv difference is TO and FT.
FSU has 10 TO to 4 for MI and MI is 8-11 FT vs 1-2 for FSU.

They were talking pre-game about FSU's length at guard and comparing it to the small guards at MI, but i've seen FSU struggle a few times this year against smaller guards.
Since FSU switches on everything you can pull their bigs away from the post if you pull your big out and then run screens to switch and get a guard on one of the big forwards or centers and they have issues staying in front of those smaller players. They are also susceptible to guards turning them over.

Though just in general FSU looks awful on offense.

Milwaukee

Banned
The Big Ten was supposed to have 4 sweet 16 teams and 3 in the Elite 8. They got 1. Gotta prevent the shutout.
As bad as the zebras are it’s not exactly something we should be thumping our chest about when the 2nd best team in the big10 makes the 2nd best team in the ACC look like a 9th grade girls team. This game was never even competitive, b10 embarrassed the ACC here today in a MASSIVE way. This was a joke.

Deleted member 2897

As bad as the zebras are it’s not exactly something we should be thumping our chest about when the 2nd best team in the big10 makes the 2nd best team in the ACC look like a 9th grade girls team. This game was never even competitive, b10 embarrassed the ACC here today in a MASSIVE way. This was a joke.

Its just a game. 8 out of 9 Big Ten teams didn’t survive the first weekend. It’s okay if 1 single team is playing well. They’re a #1 seed for a reason. They’re supposed to compete for a national championship. Florida State was supposed to lose today.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have watched FSU twice this year...today and against us. That is a bad basketball team imo. Their blatant disregard for protecting the ball makes them simply painful to watch. however, I realize n = 2 is a small sample size but.....yeeech. How does a coach allow that to happen?

Deleted member 2897

I have watched FSU twice this year...today and against us. That is a bad basketball team imo. Their blatant disregard for protecting the ball makes them simply painful to watch. however, I realize n = 2 is a small sample size but.....yeeech. How does a coach allow that to happen?

One of the many reasons he gets criticized. Super elite talent but only a few years in the last couple decades that match the talent.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The reffing is irrelevant. What's the difference between a 15 pt loss and a 20+ pt loss.

FSU was dog sh*t today.
They have no offensive gameplan at all. It is mostly one on one hero ball.

The Big10 was still overrated, and the ACC was still a mediocre at best conference this year, this game doesn't change that, just reinforces it.