Bracket Challenge

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve got one money bracket alive and it’s sitting at 7/8 elite eight teams and 4/4 final four teams still playing. Cincy’s choke job killed my shot at a potential perfect elite 8. Unfortunately, it looks like I will have to pull for Duke if I’m going to cash in though. Is it worth it?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
If I understand the way the money is distributed, the ACC is cleaning up again this year.

Syracuse 4 units
Duke 3 units
FSU 3 units
Clemson 3 units
UNCheat 2 units
UVA, NCSU, Miami & VPI 1 unit each

That’s 19 units in the bag.
Either Duke or Syracuse is guaranteed to pick up 1 more

That’s basically 1/3 of the money for 1/8 of the teams in the tourney.

Nice payouts for every ACC school

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If I understand the way the money is distributed, the ACC is cleaning up again this year.

Syracuse 4 units
Duke 3 units
FSU 3 units
Clemson 3 units
UNCheat 2 units
UVA, NCSU, Miami & VPI 1 unit each

That’s 19 units in the bag.
Either Duke or Syracuse is guaranteed to pick up 1 more

That’s basically 1/3 of the money for 1/8 of the teams in the tourney.

Nice payouts for every ACC school
Nice numbers but where did you get your fractions? Isn’t there 64 units just in the first round alone? So about 128 units total(I realize that isn’t exactly right but too tired to get exact). Also I think there are about 350 D1 schools. So my rough math says a little less than 1/6 of revenue for 1/23 of the teams.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice numbers but where did you get your fractions? Isn’t there 64 units just in the first round alone? So about 128 units total(I realize that isn’t exactly right but too tired to get exact). Also I think there are about 350 D1 schools. So my rough math says a little less than 1/6 of revenue for 1/23 of the teams.
Realizing you said 1/8 of the teams in the tournament. So I guess the acc is doing a little better than straight percentages.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
ACC's biggest issue is that 3 of its remaining 4 teams are in the same region.

FSU's win last night was one of the strangest of the Tourney. They never looked really good - heck most of the time they looked like they were just throwing the ball up with no sense of play, but somehow ended up with the most points at the end.

Clemson over Auburn was about as epic a beatdown as you will see.

Cincy's loss was about as bad a loss as you could ever imagine. They just took their foot off the gas just a little, Nevada got hot and cincy could never get going again.

UMBC had a real chance to make the Sweet Sixteen but used up all their shooting against UVa. They just couldn't make a shot and just had some cruel bounces.

TN had the best sad fans of the weekend. The crowd reaction shots at the end of the game were priceless.

Syracuse just stayed close the whole game against Mi St and then made the plays late. Horrible offensive decision making by Mi St - what are you doing shooting almost 40 threes?

I had the ACC all wrong. All the teams I had making deep runs lost early (except Duke) and all the teams I had losing early made the Sweet Sixteen.

UNC had no answer for Robert Williams and couldn't shoot a lick. Previous years winner has now failed to make the Sweet Sixteen 16 of the past 17 yrs (only FL beat the curse).

it was sort of funny to see how many teams lost in front of large home crowds - UNC, Cincy, Xavier, Mich St just to name a few.

ACC and Big 12 both have 4 teams advance to the Sweet Sixteen, Big10 and SEC 2.

Nice recap of the best moments here
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...pic-moments-from-an-incredible-first-weekend/

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
TN had the best sad fans of the weekend. The crowd reaction shots at the end of the game were priceless.

Agree with pretty much all you said but this statement is the first time you sounded like the rest of us slack-jawed yokels. Congrats? (y)

That Xavier/FSU game was really weird. It just felt like XU was in total control despite whatever the score was but ... they just lost the game. Strange.

That heated moment where Hamilton tossed Charlton aside and grabbed the one kid in the huddle was pretty funny. Evoked images of CPJ's old school yanking kids face masks. I loved it. He'll probably have to apologize. :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention this yesterday. I was at will call getting my tickets and a Syracuse fab says to me “Georgia Tech?!? You guys are horrible!”
I said “Ya you’re right but we’ve beat your *** the last 2 years though....”. And then it was an awkward silence from him and his friends. Lol

Nice. Aye, on another note, how's all the Sparty fans taking the L so far?