Bracket Challenge

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
As a peace offering, here's a nice piece on everybody's favorite coach and how he shouldn't be judged too harshly on his team's last 40 minutes of action ...

https://theathletic.com/280416/2018...look-at-the-body-of-work-not-just-40-minutes/

You're all welcome. (y)

200w.webp

Deleted member 2897

I just looked up tonights games. If everything had gone seed, we'd have 1 vs 4, 1 vs 4, and 2 vs 3, 2 vs 3 in 2 regions today, then the same in the other 2 regions tomorrow.

Well tonight is 11 vs 7, 7 vs 3, 9 vs 5, and 9 vs 4. LOL.

0 for 2 on the 1s.
0 for 2 on the 2s.
1 for 2 on the 3s.
1 for 2 on the 4s.

Kentucky's region in particular is hilarious. The 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 never made it past the 2nd day.

GT_EE78

Banned
I just looked up tonights games. If everything had gone seed, we'd have 1 vs 4, 1 vs 4, and 2 vs 3, 2 vs 3 in 2 regions today, then the same in the other 2 regions tomorrow.

Well tonight is 11 vs 7, 7 vs 3, 9 vs 5, and 9 vs 4. LOL.

0 for 2 on the 1s.
0 for 2 on the 2s.
1 for 2 on the 3s.
1 for 2 on the 4s.

Kentucky's region in particular is hilarious. The 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 never made it past the 2nd day.
Isn't it wonderful that God created "second chance" brackets?

Deleted member 2897

Isn't it wonderful that God created "second chance" brackets?

There is no scientific evidence that God created second chance brackets. There is in fact tons of anecdotal evidence that this phenomenon has evolved over time. :cigar:

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@Peacone36 - you write this?

The Ringer: A Begrudging Appreciation of Syracuse Basketball
Most teams succeed by being the best possible version of themselves; Syracuse’s goal is to bring out the worst possible version of its opponents, so that at the end of a game the less bad team has won.
Of the 52 games played thus far in this year’s tournament, 48 have featured at least one team scoring more than 60 points. Three of the other four were Syracuse wins.
Syracuse is ruining college basketball’s biggest party. No one is sure exactly why the Orange were invited, and now that they’re here, they’ve seized control of the aux cord and are forcing everybody to listen to Creed deep cuts. They’ve overstayed their welcome, driving out the guests we were excited to hang with by making crass jokes and “accidentally” knocking beers out of people’s hands while cracking up.
I am genuinely angry about Syracuse’s success. Watching this team play basketball makes me upset, and with each win I grow more upset that the Orange will have another opportunity to upset me again in the future.
I won’t lie to you and pretend that I’ve never picked my nose. Honestly, I’m willing to admit that a great nose pick can be really satisfying. But it’s a secret activity. I would never pick my nose if I thought that somebody else could see me. That’s because I care what others think, a trait that Boeheim apparently lacks. He picks his nose all the time, knowing full well that he is being filmed for the entirety of nationally televised basketball games.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Is it just me, or is the media overly infatuated with calling Loyola-Chicago a cinderalla? It would not shock me to see them in the Final Four at this point, given how good they actually are and who remains in their region.

The outcome that would surprise me most tonight is FSU over Gonzaga. The Zags may not be as good as last year, but they are damn good and now have the experience of being in this moment.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me, or is the media overly infatuated with calling Loyola-Chicago a cinderalla? It would not shock me to see them in the Final Four at this point, given how good they actually are and who remains in their region.

The outcome that would surprise me most tonight is FSU over Gonzaga. The Zags may not be as good as last year, but they are damn good and now have the experience of being in this moment.

Gonna get clobbered tonight I think

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This year has one of the highest Sweet Sixteen seed totals in the history of the tournament - 85. I believe the record is 89.
The South region is the first time in Tourney history that none of the Top 4 seeds made the Regional.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Watching Loyola run their offense the first 12 min of the second half was as pretty a basketball as i've ever seen. Almost every possession ended with a layup.
They also understand how to use the goal to ward off the defender.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
K-State worked hack-a-shaq to perfection tonight. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a team filled with 5 Stars lose because they can't hit FT's while the announcers continue to blow them all night for trying hard at shooting free throws.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Makes me sick to think Uga north (Michigan) is probably heading to the Final 4. Maybe even the finals. What a cake walk that road has been for them.