Bracket Challenge

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Nothing against Pastner, but if Gregory were still here and UVA ran Bennett out of town (ala Pitt and Dixon), I'd take Bennett in a heart beat

The tournament is all about matchups and UVA found a team that it didn't match up well against last night. I think UVA beats them 9/10, but last night it wasn't one of those 9 times for UVA

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nothing against Pastner, but if Gregory were still here and UVA ran Bennett out of town (ala Pitt and Dixon), I'd take Bennett in a heart beat

The tournament is all about matchups and UVA found a team that it didn't match up well against last night. I think UVA beats them 9/10, but last night it wasn't one of those 9 times for UVA

oVerAted

Using the Eddie Sutton-brand "9 out of 10" thing is grounds for suspension, btw.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

I think this was Virginia's shot to do something and they screwed the pooch. A lot of Virginia fans think they will be a #8 or worse seed in the 2019 NCAA Tournament because they lose 3 starters and their last two recruiting classes haven't been very good.

Last edited:

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
h
I think this was Virginia's shot to do something and they screwed the pooch. A lot of Virginia fans think they will be a #8 or worse seed in the 2019 NCAA Tournament because they lose 3 starters and their last two recruiting classes haven't been very good.

Virginia wasn't ranked in the preseason this year. Projecting future seasons is worthless.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nothing wrong with a 'get old, stay old' team.

The UMBC team's 4 best players were 3 SR and a grad student.

if you look at recruiting classes. Take out the #1 classes that Duke and Ky bring in and look at the 2-5 classes. Since 2002, 75% of them have won 1 game or less (and a quarter failed to make) in the NCAA tourney. Being young doesn't win you games in the NCAA tourney unless it is simply overwhelming amount of young talent and their are only 2 teams in the country recruiting at that level.
UVA obviously picked a really bad time to have their worst game in years.

GT_EE78

Banned
about 12minutes to go if u have a busted bracket and wanna play round by round at cbssports.com I'm picking K-Stae to get even with them UMBC brats

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’m mad at myself for missing the UMBC win but for some reason it just doesn’t have that “Oh my God! A 16 beat a 1 seed!!!” Maybe it’s me or maybe it’s because it was UVA and not your typical blue blood Duke, Kentucky, UNC type of team.