Bowl Streak Naysayers

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In order to believe that the bowl streak is over at this point you have to support the idea that this team goes 1-7 the rest of the way. Thoughts?

Squint

Georgia Tech Fan
We will have some tough losses, but I think we will have a few more great wins also. We will go bowling. Question though... does the GSU game count? Aren't they FBS now?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah as I said in an earlier post this team can lose to anybody but at he same time it can beat anybody. As long as we play with great effort and continue to display that strong will to win, the sky is the limit, but we have to continue to get better and work at solving our problems. I like what I have seen to date, but nothing will come easy for our team.

Go Jackets!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Seriously? No way? I could easily see it happen in all three. I don't think it will, btw, but there are a lot of ways to lose. You still have to play and play well.

This. While I think we have a real good shot at a 8-4/9-3 record, (possibly even better), you have to remember we are playing legitimate FBS schools the rest of the way. We won a few games our self after the MTSU travesty a few years ago.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When / if the Atomic site comes back up, you could calculate the probabilities. I did that last year for the ACC CG ......... but only once we got close.

But assuming a 50% chance to win every game, we have a .4% chance to win every game and a .4% chance to lose every game (.5^8).

So to not make a bowl, we'd have to lose every game (.4%) or win just one (3.2%) which is a 3.6% likelihood.

Since I assumed the odds of every game at 50% (I am lazy), the odds of winning one particular game and losing all the others is .4% too. 3.6=8*.4% + .4%.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I see no way we could lose to UNC, UVA, or NC State
I'm a little worried about all of those games actually. I don't care how they've done or how overrated they are, UNC always has talent. Always. As for UVA, things are finally starting to click for them and they've given some good teams some too-close-for-comfort games (see UCLA). NC State has option elements in their offense. We haven't exactly been spectacular against option offenses this season.

Now, the way I see it is that there's not a team on our remaining schedule that we can't beat. But at the same time, I also wouldn't write down any games that we will definitely win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Going to work now to enjoy some interactions with VT fans. And with UVa fans who are also very happy!

The games will come to us soon enough! NCState is the only highly probable win. Clemson and UGAg the only highly probably losses. Clemson may be closer since we are at home....... the rest will be dog fights where all we have to do is score more points than they do (tic).

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Going to work now to enjoy some interactions with VT fans. And with UVa fans who are also very happy!

NCState is the only highly probable win. .

Really? NCSt has a good QB completing 70% of his passes. You know how we handle passing QB's. I am not putting any game in a win or loss box yet.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I see no way we could lose to UNC, UVA, or NC State

Be careful there my friend. I love what I am seeing in this team, but we are young at many key places, and young teams are renowned for their inconsistency. I could see us beating Clemson (or even UGa) and losing to one or more of that trio.

But even if that happens, I will be cheering this team like crazy!

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
Every year we have one WTF loss. People shouldn't be putting us in the ACC championship after one win, and we shouldn't write this team off if they lose against one of those teams.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know how anyone could have looked at our schedule and thought this team couldn't get to 6 wins with the schedule we have this year. Love how the young men are playing right now and I hope it continues.

But I also have to say I've watched Virginia in portions of 2 games now and they're big, fast and physical on defense. Tenuta has them playing good football and I think they'll give us a much tougher game than some on here apparently believe. I also expect more of a tough fight versus Duke than many on here. But UNC is a train wreck right now. NC State isn't overly talented but they do have an accurate passer so they will worry me of course. UGA & Clemson will be tough for us as they always are. Pitt and Miami are enigma games. To me, it depends on which team shows up for them. One day they look like world beaters; the next they struggle....in other words, consistently inconsistent.

Animal02

Banned
I don't know how anyone could have looked at our schedule and thought this team couldn't get to 6 wins with the schedule we have this year. Love how the young men are playing right now and I hope it continues.

But I also have to say I've watched Virginia in portions of 2 games now and they're big, fast and physical on defense. Tenuta has them playing good football and I think they'll give us a much tougher game than some on here apparently believe. I also expect more of a tough fight versus Duke than many on here. But UNC is a train wreck right now. NC State isn't overly talented but they do have an accurate passer so they will worry me of course. UGA & Clemson will be tough for us as they always are. Pitt and Miami are enigma games. To me, it depends on which team shows up for them. One day they look like world beaters; the next they struggle....in other words, consistently inconsistent.

I think every game for the rest of the season is going to be a fight.....I do not expect to see a blow out in any game. I also expect we will win 4 of the remaining eight, and hope to win more than that.