Bowl Season

mkemkay

Georgia Tech Fan
Anyone watching MSU vs Pitt and have thoughts they want to share about our future coach's CB unit?

Note: Pickett is sitting out, so I'm guessing it's much less of a true read on the CBs.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Sad end for a good Pitt team. Would have been a different game with both of the opt-outs playing, but it’s just a fact of life in college now.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Pitt is a damn good team and they probably walk away away from MSU with Pickett or probably even their #2.

They return a ton next year and will be the hands down coastal favorite with Slovis transferring in.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
One, imo there are too many bowl games. When almost 2/3 of teams will make a postseason game, what is the point of the regular season. Basically if you are .500 or better (even some 5-7 teams) will play in a bowl game.

Two, the opt-outs are just going to get worse. Unless you are one of the CFP teams, what point is it for a player to play in a meaningless game that could potentially get injured in and degrade your pro prospects. Not a good business decision - and despite what most fans think, imo those guys going to the NFL are not playing that much for the college, they are playing to get paid.

This is probably not what ESPN wants to hear, but I don't watch that many bowl games.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
SEC still winless. Bad luck, heart not in it, Covid and assorted reasons why best conference in football can’t win a game. 😊
I was teasing my Auburn relatives in Alabama that the reason the Tigers folded in the bowl game was that the SEC just means less. They did not like it one bit. I told them that getting off the "Gus Bus" would have repercussions. Still a lot of talent on that team especially on the defensive line.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Are bowl games headed to the trash bend? They could end up as scrimmages basically for teams looking at their players for next year the way it is heading presently it appears to me. For revenue they absolutely need to expand the playoffs it appears.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Are bowl games headed to the trash bend? They could end up as scrimmages basically for teams looking at their players for next year the way it is heading presently it appears to me. For revenue they absolutely need to expand the playoffs it appears.
Lots of moving parts .

Expanded playoff will put pressure on nfl bound players to stay and play.

For the rest - i think the sit out of nfl bound will make those games even harder to watch.