Bowl Season

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Question, any of you see a single VT player you would swap for one of ours?
The worse defeat of the year (leaving out the 100-0) . These guys defeated us.
How is that possible.

The qb was not good - he only vot 250 yds passing against us instead of our normal 400 yds. So he

The qb is in portal but playing against Maryland. The qb sure didnt help his stock based on passing , but at least he risked injury . .

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Watching Clemson - they have moved Hunter 55 Rayburn back to center from guard. He wanted to get offer because he wanted to be engineer. We were full at guard - then his film blew up - now he is center at clemson. His dad told me after clemson offered - they showed Hunter his uniform he would wear on sideline at the college playoff . What kid could resist that offer - clemson is hard to cheer against .

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Any word on CFP teams and COVID?

Odds are one will be out?
Just rumors.

Between confidentiality of player’s health status, and coaches wanting to keep information close to the vest, it is hard to tell how many players are sick.

Meanwhile, in my neck of the woods, hospital is short staffed, sheriff’s office is shutting down, library is closing tomorrow and courthouse may go virtual.

When omicron breezes through your community it happens fast.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
The worse defeat of the year (leaving out the 100-0) . These guys defeated us.
How is that possible.

The qb was not good - he only vot 250 yds passing against us instead of our normal 400 yds. So he

The qb is in portal but playing against Maryland. The qb sure didnt help his stock based on passing , but at least he risked injury . .
The VT QB that played against us did not play today. IIRC he was Burmeister.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
Just rumors.

Between confidentiality of player’s health status, and coaches wanting to keep information close to the vest, it is hard to tell how many players are sick.

Meanwhile, in my neck of the woods, hospital is short staffed, sheriff’s office is shutting down, library is closing tomorrow and courthouse may go virtual.

When omicron breezes through your community it happens fast.
Yep. I know more people who have gotten Covid in the last month than the previous 18 months (most of them were vaxxed). Some of them got tested because they were exposed to someone who had Covid (and they tested positive too). The good news is for the people who actually had symptoms, their symptoms were mild and lasted about 24 to 36 hours. All of them (even the ones without symptoms) quarantined for 10 days.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

The qb was not good - he only vot 250 yds passing against us instead of our normal 400 .
Yep. I know more people who have gotten Covid in the last month than the previous 18 months (most of them were vaxxed). Some of them got tested because they were exposed to someone who had Covid (and they tested positive too). The good news is for the people who actually had symptoms, their symptoms were mild and lasted about 24 to 36 hours. All of them (even the ones without symptoms) quarantined for 10 days.
Some football stats.

Clemson - no opt outs for nfl draft. Just ice bathed the ol coach who is retiring. 11 10 win seasons in row. Iowa state 2 opt outs .

Covid
Was getting over alergy but had ear ache so went to doc in a box to see my uga buddy . I was hoping to get some antibotics to attack the ear pain. Sorry sir - take a covid test- i was positive. Doc said the new covid is fast spreading and their office is super busy.
( CDC SITE SAYS Escambia county had 2500 tests and 500 were positive cases (20% ). Plam beach had 50,000 tests and 12000 cases.
Doc says like south africa - so far mild.

I now have something very good to say about my "uga" doc box guy.

U need to go home , rest and watch every bowl game.
Guy is a genius.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The VT QB that played against us did not play today. IIRC he was Burmeister.
thanks for the correction
well they all started with b and they all were not very good.

see attached

Attachments

• vt maryland (2).jpg
    vt maryland (2).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 5

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Some football stats.

Clemson - no opt outs for nfl draft. Just ice bathed the ol coach who is retiring. 11 10 win seasons in row. Iowa state 2 opt outs.
we better get after them over the next few years while they have new staff.

Covid
Was getting over allergy but had ear ache so went to doc in a box to see my uga doc buddy .
I was hoping to get some antibiotics to attack the ear pain.
Doc said = Sorry sir - take a covid test. Daxx! i was positive. Doc said the new covid is fast spreading and their office is super busy.
( CDC SITE SAYS Escambia county had 2500 tests and 500 were positive cases (20% ). Plam beach had 50,000 tests and 12000 cases.
Doc says like south africa - so far very mild.

Guy is a genius.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Just spent 3 1/2 hours in a car line getting my son and his wife tested so they can fly home on Saturday to London. This has been very disruptive in a lot of ways. Thankful they were negative.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Logical leap w no numbers.
Ominicron seems to be mild.

I am going to candle light worship.
I had it for about 10 days. Like a very mild cold. One day of slight fever at 99.4 degrees absent the characteristic body aches and chills of the flu. Strange. I went and got the proscribed infusion treatment done at Phoebe Putney. Be forewarned, this thing will make you fatigued, lethargic, and it seemingly goes on and on. I was thankful that there was no sore throat which I always hate. IIWII.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Some football stats.

Clemson - no opt outs for nfl draft. Just ice bathed the ol coach who is retiring. 11 10 win seasons in row. Iowa state 2 opt outs.
we better get after them over the next few years while they have new staff.

Covid
Was getting over allergy but had ear ache so went to doc in a box to see my uga doc buddy .
I was hoping to get some antibiotics to attack the ear pain.
Doc said = Sorry sir - take a covid test. Daxx! i was positive. Doc said the new covid is fast spreading and their office is super busy.
Doc says like south africa - so far very mild.

Guy is a genius.

Get well soon. Watching every bowl game would seem to be a punishment.