Bowl Season

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t get the mindset that says “don’t look out for your fellow worker.” To me that is not only selfish, it can also tank your production if a virus runs through your team.

The new Covid guidelines still require personal responsibility. You have to be honest that you are symptom free after 5 days. You have to be conscientious and wear a mask for five days after returning to work after having had the virus.

I remain optimistic about omicron. But the data also tells me this. If there are individuals who are not vaccinated and boosted, or who do not take personal responsibility to protect others, this virus is going to make mincemeat out of work schedules.
Individuals that are vaccinated and boosted are almost the same threat to their coworkers as the unvaccinated. The unvaccinated are a threat to themselves as they run the greater risk of getting seriously ill. People just need to do the right thing, if sick don't go to work regardless of status. I find it crazy that we are cancelling Bowls because people with zero symptoms are testing positive for what is basically now a cold.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Individuals that are vaccinated and boosted are almost the same threat to their coworkers as the unvaccinated. The unvaccinated are a threat to themselves as they run the greater risk of getting seriously ill. People just need to do the right thing, if sick don't go to work regardless of status. I find it crazy that we are cancelling Bowls because people with zero symptoms are testing positive for what is basically now a cold.
People who are vaccinated and boosted are very little threat to each other.

Bowls are being canceled because there are not enough well players to play them. If you have tried flying in the last few days you know that lots of flights are being canceled due to crew shortages.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Smart kids playing for smart coaches really can make a difference. 2 STEM schools (Army and AF) win their bowl games without the best talent. How can that happen? Well, we know.
At the shrevport bowl we lost to AF and it was ugly. The place and the stadium were drab. The gt effort was ugly compared to AF.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
People who are vaccinated and boosted are very little threat to each other.

Bowls are being canceled because there are not enough well players to play them. If you have tried flying in the last few days you know that lots of flights are being canceled due to crew shortages.
Bowls being cancelled, flights being cancelled because people are sick is not entirely true. Yes, some are sick, but many more are asymptomatic people who tested positive (ie they were affected by the current Covid protocols). This is a major reason why CDC reduced quarantine days from 10 to 5, why the NFL is not testing asymptomatic people anymore, and why the Canadian government are saying asymptomatic people can continue to work.

These changes are all positive, but to think its because so many people are actually sick is simply incorrect.

slugboy

Staff member
At least their falcon flew off when a car back fired.
I had 10 texas hs coaches over as guests of gt. That and the gambling later was only positive they reported. .
CPJ had to know that the team wasn’t ready for some of those bowl games.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Bowls being cancelled, flights being cancelled because people are sick is not entirely true. Yes, some are sick, but many more are asymptomatic people who tested positive (ie they were affected by the current Covid protocols). This is a major reason why CDC reduced quarantine days from 10 to 5, why the NFL is not testing asymptomatic people anymore, and why the Canadian government are saying asymptomatic people can continue to work.

These changes are all positive, but to think its because so many people are actually sick is simply incorrect.
Let’s not also forget the number of players who are opting out or choosing to enter the portal instead of playing the bowl game. The Texas A&M story is really some weak sauce. UCLA fans should be flat out ashamed of their program‘s conduct

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

We shall see.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Lol. Wasn’t bragging about anything. Just responding to a post talking about the shift in the mindset of the modern employee in regards to work. The singular focus on self is making it difficult on the whole and this focus I believe is undermining what is good for the whole. And by the way the individual is included in the whole.

Not sure what field you are in but I am in a blue collar industry. Not really any way to work from home with what we do.
Fair enough. I manage engineers and scientists in research and development. They all have tough objectives that affects their pay. I don't really worry about sick days, or vacation days...if truth be told. Get the job done and I'll be very happy as the objectives are hard. If they exceed the objectives then they'll get promoted and harder objectives next year. If they don't and after some coaching they still don't then they are allowed to find another line of work.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
VaTech now wishes they had canceled their bowl game vs MD. 10-47 near end. ---They looked like a another Tech. hmmm

Yeah, that was a beat-down. It looked like a bad G5 team vs a good P5 team. We need some of what Maryland has on O.