Bowl Season

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
AF wins so academies go 2-0 in bowls. Alll those Jimmie’s and joes i guess. SMH. They need more juice
I mean it’s really simple. If you have a different talent pool available, doing sometihing unique and executing it well and then limiting possessions for the other, likely, more talented team just makes sense right ?

Oh yeah. 404theculture. Elite.

Seriously though that was a fun game to watch. Congrats to AF and Army.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I mean it’s really simple. If you have a different talent pool available, doing sometihing unique and executing it well and then limiting possessions for the other, likely, more talented team just makes sense right ?

Oh yeah. 404theculture. Elite.

Seriously though that was a fun game to watch. Congrats to AF and Army.
Good thing we are able to simply out recruit most of our conference and have virtually nothing in common with the academies.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
But wait a minute, I thought Scott Satterfield was a great coach? Now he got out coached? But he beat that great powerhouse down at UCF even before their QB got hurt. So Satterfield has now been out coached by “clown, con-man, dumb idiot, salesman, fraud” Geoff Collins, and lost to a service academy with a lot less talent. Sounds like he may not be that great of a coach either.

Oh and btw he signed a 6 year deal with a higher AAV than Collins did

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
But wait a minute, I thought Scott Satterfield was a great coach? Now he got out coached? But he beat that great powerhouse down at UCF even before their QB got hurt. So Satterfield has now been out coached by “clown, con-man, dumb idiot, salesman, fraud” Geoff Collins, and lost to a service academy with a lot less talent. Sounds like he may not be that great of a coach either.

I’d gladly trade with Louisville for Satterfield

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I think Satterfield is a good coach. He did make a bowl and he is very well respected as good offensive schemer. I don't think we had a shot to hire him but if we did then HE would have been a good pick.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
not me. I'm willing to roll the dice next year. It's either going to be a good year or craps. If it's craps, we get to choose someone else and not have to have Satterfield. If it's a good year, most will be happy and a few will still be miserable.
We’d have 2x the wins and would at least not be circling the drain so yeah, Louisville made a better hire. I’d rather have him than CGC

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
We’d have 2x the wins and would at least not be circling the drain so yeah, Louisville made a better hire. I’d rather have him than CGC

2 times more than 1 is still 2. Just cause you phrase it like that, doesn’t make it a good reason. And I would rather have a coach that actually wants to be where he is coaching. Besides, I don’t think tech is close enough to the airport for.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
You know for a fact we’d have 2 times the wins? Because Geoff has already beaten the guy, and he just lost to a service academy.
I think Satterfield is a good coach. He did make a bowl and he is very well respected as good offensive schemer. I don't think we had a shot to hire him but if we did then HE would have been a good pick.
Satterfield took over a pretty talented Louisville team that has just gotten rid of the Petrino cancer. When he started they were at rock bottom even though they had a ton of potential. In 2019 Louisville had the 38th most talented roster in the country compared to Tech at 45, and they didn’t have to completely rework the fundamentals of the offense. Since 2019 Louisville’s recruiting has gotten worse, and they aren’t doing anything scheme wise to make up for it. They currently sit at #60 in team talent compared to Tech’s 33. Satterfield walked into a much better situation, but hasn’t really done anything to improve his team. And he lost to everyone’s favorite knucklehead in Collins.

Satterfield’s 8 win season in 2019 is overrated because that team was pretty good, and everyone was glad to have someone new at the help other than Petrino. It would be like if someone took over at Tech for 2022. They’d inherit some pretty good, yet unproven pieces eager to put a good season together. Satterfield hasn’t shown he can sustain the success he had in year 1 though. I mean y’all said it: a severely underpowered Air Force team out coached him and outplayed his team. Everyone also hates on the CGC contract, when Satterfield is making more per year and only has 1 less year.

I don’t trust anyone’s decision making who believes he would’ve been a good hire here.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
No, didn't offend me at all, but I don't know why you'd come on a board to brag about what a hard-@55 boss you are is all.

Personally, I care a lot more about output than input, results than effort. It's why this whole 'effort-based defense' is silly. Give all the effort you got and still don't hit the objectives then you don't hit your objectives...pretty simple. Come in sick every day (and make everyone else sick as well) and don't hit your objectives...it's still losing. Hit your objectives but take every sniffle off, then you're still a winner. Trust the team to make the right call, and get rid of those with low output...not those with low input.

Optimize the whole for outcomes and don't micromanage the process. It works.

Last edited:

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
You know for a fact we’d have 2 times the wins? Because Geoff has already beaten the guy, and he just lost to a service academy.

Satterfield took over a pretty talented Louisville team that has just gotten rid of the Petrino cancer. When he started they were at rock bottom even though they had a ton of potential. In 2019 Louisville had the 38th most talented roster in the country compared to Tech at 45, and they didn’t have to completely rework the fundamentals of the offense. Since 2019 Louisville’s recruiting has gotten worse, and they aren’t doing anything scheme wise to make up for it. They currently sit at #60 in team talent compared to Tech’s 33. Satterfield walked into a much better situation, but hasn’t really done anything to improve his team. And he lost to everyone’s favorite knucklehead in Collins.

Satterfield’s 8 win season in 2019 is overrated because that team was pretty good, and everyone was glad to have someone new at the help other than Petrino. It would be like if someone took over at Tech for 2022. They’d inherit some pretty good, yet unproven pieces eager to put a good season together. Satterfield hasn’t shown he can sustain the success he had in year 1 though. I mean y’all said it: a severely underpowered Air Force team out coached him and outplayed his team. Everyone also hates on the CGC contract, when Satterfield is making more per year and only has 1 less year.

I don’t trust anyone’s decision making who believes he would’ve been a good hire here.
Claiming we had #33 talent is NOT a good data point for CGC.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
247 should be embarrassed to put out those talent rankings. They are based on 247's HS rankings, and show what a poor job 247 did. Our ranking is based largely on 4 star transfers--who have turned out to not be 4 stars. If people are trying to support the point of their posts by those rankings, well, they failed.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
No, didn't offend me at all, but I don't know why you'd come on a board to brag about what a hard-@55 boss you are is all.

Personally, I care a lot more about output than input, results than effort. It's why this whole 'effort-based defense' is silly. Give all the effort you got and still don't hit the objectives then you don't hit your objectives...pretty simple. Come in sick every day (and make everyone else sick as well) and don't hit your objectives...it's still losing. Hit your objectives but take every sniffle off, then you're still a winner. Trust the team to make the right call, and get rid of those with low output...not those with low input.

Optimize the whole for outcomes and don't micromanage the process. It works.
Lol. Wasn’t bragging about anything. Just responding to a post talking about the shift in the mindset of the modern employee in regards to work. The singular focus on self is making it difficult on the whole and this focus I believe is undermining what is good for the whole. And by the way the individual is included in the whole.

Not sure what field you are in but I am in a blue collar industry. Not really any way to work from home with what we do.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Lol. Wasn’t bragging about anything. Just responding to a post talking about the shift in the mindset of the modern employee in regards to work. The singular focus on self is making it difficult on the whole and this focus I believe is undermining what is good for the whole. And by the way the individual is included in the whole.

Not sure what field you are in but I am in a blue collar industry. Not really any way to work from home with what we do.
I don’t get the mindset that says “don’t look out for your fellow worker.” To me that is not only selfish, it can also tank your production if a virus runs through your team.

The new Covid guidelines still require personal responsibility. You have to be honest that you are symptom free after 5 days. You have to be conscientious and wear a mask for five days after returning to work after having had the virus.

I remain optimistic about omicron. But the data also tells me this. If there are individuals who are not vaccinated and boosted, or who do not take personal responsibility to protect others, this virus is going to make mincemeat out of work schedules.