Bowl Projections & Rumors

Squints

Helluva Engineer
It is absolutely amazing to have this in a post:
Only W’s matter not how you get them.

Immediately followed by a post with this from the same dude:
You want to talk comparison on other metrics other than FSU was undefeated? That’s the only thing they had going for them, but when you look at the body do work...

SEC brain rot is real folks. Even in non-SEC fans.

Could not have scripted it any better. Just absolutely chef's kiss perfect.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
lol. Convenient to overlook the games where Bama doesn't play well. And, yes, I think if you give FSU a month to prepare and heal up, even with a second string QB they have a good chance to beat Bama. Their defense is elite and Milroe holds the ball far too long. That would be an issue against FSU.
Easy to say that, but yet Milroe just beat the undisputed #1 team. FSU would get whacked honestly. That offense would maybe get 100 yards, maybe. QB threw for 55 yards against Louisville. Look man I get it, the decision was hard and I can see your points, but when you ask yourself, who are the top 4 teams right now in CFB the committee got it right. Next year will give everyone a fair shot

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
It is absolutely amazing to have this in a post:

Immediately followed by a post with this from the same dude:

SEC brain rot is real folks. Even in non-SEC fans.

Could not have scripted it any better. Just absolutely chef's kiss perfect.
lol, cute. Never knew I could trigger someone so much that they’d have to attack me verbally. Please ask yourself who the top 4 teams right now, looking at SOS and wins during the season, you cannot tel yourself FSU is better than Bama today. Had they performed better the last two games they would have gotten in. They lost their star QB, that team would be lucky to get 100 yds against Bama. The best 4 teams got in. Deal with it and suck it up. Nothing will change it now, not even your desperate post to attack and deflect.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Easy to say that, but yet Milroe just beat the undisputed #1 team. FSU would get whacked honestly. That offense would maybe get 100 yards, maybe. QB threw for 55 yards against Louisville. Look man I get it, the decision was hard and I can see your points, but when you ask yourself, who are the top 4 teams right now in CFB the committee got it right. Next year will give everyone a fair shot
Except QB3 who played against Louisville would not be the one playing. Yes QB2 not a world beater but clearly better than QB3.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You have no idea if that is true or not. The defense I saw last night shut down an absolutely powerhouse of an offense. Shut them down to 6 points. And those 6 points were gifts. I could see FSU shutting this mediocre Alabama team, that needed a miracle to beat a 6-6 team, out on the scoreboard.

Not the QB that would be playing in the CFP. Sorry excuse.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
That's not the guy who will playing at playoff time. Milroe just beat the "#1 team" that struggled to put us away and he needed a hail Mary to beat a 6-6 Auburn team. They are not as good as you make them to be. You're sucked in by the Narrative.

slugboy

Staff member
Lots of info flying around today. Here’s one piece:

If it’s hard to get your #2 team aligned to a bowl, everything else is going to be a mess.

(BTW, I think we should sue the CFP for the share of revenue we should have gotten).

FSU got the Orange Bowl.

Louisville isn’t anywhere. Two of the few bowls set are Gasparilla and Birmingham (us and Duke).

Some other schools are ticked off at the ACC; the conference is holding up most of their bowl assignments.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
You have no idea if that is true or not. The defense I saw last night shut down an absolutely powerhouse of an offense. Shut them down to 6 points. And those 6 points were gifts. I could see FSU shutting this mediocre Alabama team out on the scoreboard.

Not the QB that would be playing in the CFP. Sorry excuse.
So Louisville is a world beater? They were overrated from the jump, Tech should have beat them. Comparing the body of work against LV to Bama isn’t apples to apples.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
The defense I saw last night shut down an absolutely powerhouse of an offense.
What?? I knew Louisville wasn’t a power on offense, because I’ve watched a ton of them this year. But I had to look it up before I replied, and they’re #30 in offensive FEI. And they weren’t even the top rated offense according to FEI in that very game.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
That's not the guy who will playing at playoff time. Milroe just beat the "#1 team" that struggled to put us away and he needed a hail Mary to beat a 6-6 Auburn team. They are not as good as you make them to be. You're sucked in by the Narrative.
You guys love pointing out Auburn yet defend FSUs performances the last two games which were LOUSY at best.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
So Louisville is a world beater? They were overrated from the jump, Tech should have beat them. Comparing the body of work against LV to Bama isn’t apples to apples.
First, I didn't say UL was a world beater. Your words not mine. I said they had a powerhouse offense. I think the numbers prove that out.

Second, I think Alabama lost to the best team they played, at home, by 10 points. The next best team they played was Ole Miss. The 3rd best team they played was only ranked as highly as they were was because of the previous years. I don't begrudge their ranking because they were the 2X defending champs and I believe you don't lose your spot until you're knocked off it, but it wasn't deserved this year.

Keep believing the SEC hype, but they lost all important OCC games this year, including the majority played against the ACC.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
You guys love pointing out Auburn yet defend FSUs performances the last two games which were LOUSY at best.
Bama was playing with their starter in that game. FSU was not. They hung 58 on UNA, put 24 on a UF team that only has a good D but no O. They beat a #15 Louisville team that beat both Clemson and Notre Dame with their 3rd QB w/o a hail Mary pass.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
What’s going on? I haven’t read all the post above, but ESPN hasn’t posted any of the ACC Bowls. It just says TBD.

Seems like something is going on.

Maybe not, but it’s strange nevertheless.

Last edited:

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
You are right cause Bama's only meaningful wins are against other SEC teams which are artificially inflated due to perceptions of how good the conference is.

If only there were ways to compare performances of teams in different conferences. Oh wait there is cause they do play each other out of conference. Guess what? The SEC has a losing record against other P5 conferences and lost all three of their top 10 matchups. Oh and FSU was 2 of those three including one with their second string QB.

But if only there was a way to compare FSU to UA with some common ground. Oh wait there is cause they both played LSU! And FSU managed to beat them by more than UA did.

All quantifiable metrics say FSU should be in over Alabama and Texas. No questions asked. The only reason one can put FSU below is a subjective assumption that they can't compete with their backup quarterback even though they've shown in three games that they can do it with very little preparation. One of those with a true freshman 3rd string who wasn't even sure if he was going to play up until the day of the game.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess I’ll jump back into this cluster…

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Aaron Murray had a good take on the situation.

If it’s the four most deserving teams based on performance, it’s Michigan, Washington, Texas, and FSU.

If it’s the four ‘best’ teams as defined by analytical models and perception (betting spreads), it’s Michigan, Georgia, Alabama, and Texas. Y’all may disagree but all of these teams would be favored over Washington or FSU.

The fact that they mixed and matched the two is creating confusion…