Bowl Projections & Rumors

slugboy

Staff member
The ACC has no part in the decisions. It is ESPN and the bowl games that decide who plays where. If I were guessing, the ACC schools are probably not cooperating with the bowls nor ESPN very well at the moment.
Agree. The ACC has conference bowl tie-ins. Aside from having a bunch of UNC and Duke lawyers ready to sue, what plan should they have in place?

The ACC has some part—they can lobby the bowls they’re aligned with—but that’s it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I agree on the playoff. But if we are going to cite "best" teams based on talent and all that nonsense, it's pure horse**** to put Alabama over FSU but not Georgia over FSU too.
I don't know but looking at FSU, I think it is impressive what they accomplished winning a conference championship with the third and fourth string quarterbacks. To me they looked loaded down with talent.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
FSU got jobbed. The committee just reached into our collective conference pocket and stole money from us.

That’s ridiculous. I have no lost love for FSU; but cmon man. Undefeated P5 conference championship should be an autobid.
I’m shocked but I also know the CFP committee is a rigged scam system to get the teams they want in. I was wrong though because I thought an undefeated ACC team would get in….my bad

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
It really is outrageous. No excuse for this.
SOS. Nuff said, y’all can cry all you want, but having the 5th toughest schedule, running through the SEC, and only losing to the #3 CFB playoff team in week 2. FSU had the 55th toughest schedule and had they lost anyone other than their superstar QB they’d be in. Their gameplay was terrible the last two games. I’m sorry no matter how you put it, the best team made into the CFB. Watch them trample Michigan and beat Texas in a rematch.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
SOS. Nuff said, y’all can cry all you want, but having the 5th toughest schedule, running through the SEC, and only losing to the #3 CFB playoff team in week 2. FSU had the 55th toughest schedule and had they lost anyone other than their superstar QB they’d be in. Their gameplay was terrible the last two games. I’m sorry no matter how you put it, the best team made into the CFB. Watch them trample Michigan and beat Texas in a rematch.
You mean that SEC that had a losing record against The ACC? The SEC is a weak conference this year. Every important OCC matchup they had this year, they lost. Alabama LOST. Period. End of discussion. IF you lose and the other team doesn't lose, you don't get to play. The rest are BS excuses and apologizing for the CFP corruption. The best team is the one that wins all of their games. Alabama did not deserve to be in the CFP and by them being there, highlights the corruption in college football.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
That team needed a miracle to beat a bad Auburn team, beat a 4-8 Arkansas team by 3 points, struggled against USF, lost by 10 at home to Texas, and beat A&M by less than a TD. They aren't the dominant Bama squad from 5-10 years ago.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Alabama will be a better team to take down Michigan….. Washington or Texas. The 12 game can’t get here fast enough lol….Lets give Troy a butt kicking in their backyard baby. 7-6 will be a pretty good year for the Jackets and that’s the goal!

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
That team needed a miracle to beat a bad Auburn team, beat a 4-8 Arkansas team by 3 points, struggled against USF, lost by 10 at home to Texas, and beat A&M by less than a TD. They aren't the dominant Bama squad from 5-10 years ago.
What he was trying to say was that they are SEC and that means more

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
Doesn’t matter, it was a rivalry game they were most likely overlooking. Only W’s matter not how you get them. So you’re telling me, FSU would beat Bama right now? They just beat the back to back champs and held the #1 spot for most of season in CFB playoff polls. Alabama was a shoe in after that win and anyone who thought otherwise isn’t living in reality. The committee has it written that they can “evaluate prospective teams based on loss of key players” over other teams who are perceived the better team at the time. I don’t think anyone can argue Bama is a top #4 team after last night.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
What he was trying to say was that they are SEC and that means more
You want to talk comparison on other metrics other than FSU was undefeated? That’s the only thing they had going for them, but when you look at the body do work, you can’t deny Bama is the better team. Like I said, you lose a RB or WR you’re in, you lose your superstar QB and that changed everything. You can’t replace that performance. I feel for FSU, good thing next year they don’t have to worry about it.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Doesn’t matter, it was a rivalry game they were most likely overlooking. Only W’s matter not how you get them. So you’re telling me, FSU would beat Bama right now? They just beat the back to back champs and held the #1 spot for most of season in CFB playoff polls. Alabama was a shoe in after that win and anyone who thought otherwise isn’t living in reality. The committee has it written that they can “evaluate prospective teams based on loss of key players” over other teams who are perceived the better team at the time. I don’t think anyone can argue Bama is a top #4 team after last night.
I so agree with you. Even your subconscious does.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You want to talk comparison on other metrics other than FSU was undefeated? That’s the only thing they had going for them, but when you look at the body do work, you can’t deny Bama is the better team. Like I said, you lose a RB or WR you’re in, you lose your superstar QB and that changed everything. You can’t replace that performance. I feel for FSU, good thing next year they don’t have to worry about it.
No. That's the only thing that matters. Winning the games you play is THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS. If two teams have the same record, then other things matter.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
lol. Convenient to overlook the games where Bama doesn't play well. And, yes, I think if you give FSU a month to prepare and heal up, even with a second string QB they have a good chance to beat Bama. Their defense is elite and Milroe holds the ball far too long. That would be an issue against FSU.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
This was in all essence a Beauty contest, and people have their own definitions of what the playoffs are. Is it the most deserving or the best 4? They are not always the same. But IMO you play the games to get what you deserve. Let the fans argue who the better team is, but let the deserving teams play for the championship.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
You mean that SEC that had a losing record against The ACC? The SEC is a weak conference this year. Every important OCC matchup they had this year, they lost. Alabama LOST. Period. End of discussion. IF you lose and the other team doesn't lose, you don't get to play. The rest are BS excuses and apologizing for the CFP corruption. The best team is the one that wins all of their games. Alabama did not deserve to be in the CFP and by them being there, highlights the corruption in college football.
Won’t matter next year. I get your feelings, but from my perspective I agree with the decision to put Bama ahead of FSU. Tough either way, I feel for the boys in Tallahassee