Bowl Projections & Rumors

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Everybody claiming they aren't watching the CFP will be on the edge of their couch January 1st. I guarantee it.
Only if GT is playing on 1/1. I'm not watching any more college football this year except for Army-Navy and the GT bowl game. I have lost general interest in the entire sport.

If I made statements like I won't ever watch another college football game except for GT, that would probably end up being exaggeration. However, I am more than certain that my interest in the support this year will not return.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
It came down to 2 decision points.
Strength of schedule ALA-4th FSU-57th.
Which team is more capable of beating Michigan, ALA at full strength or FSU minus Jordan Travis.
The Jordan Travis injury doomed FSU.
Texas is going to win the NC this year.
LOL - Alabama's OOC schedule Texas - loss. Wins - Middle Tennessee State, South Florida and Chattanooga. That is pathetic! Cross conference opponente Tennessee and Kentucky - average P5 teams.

FSU P5 OOC schedule - LSU (45-24) and Florida (24-15 at FLA) plus 2 bad teams non P5 teams.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If you want to talk about the dilution of college football, something to think about:

A lot of these bowl matchups that are non playoff games could be without marquee names. Does Jayden Daniels play for LSU? Bo Nix play for Oregon?

For me, I enjoy the matchups, but I also enjoy watching individual players play. Daniels and Nix have been two of the best players in the country this year. Daniels probably had one of the most incredible individual seasons in college football history. LSU won't even be playing in a NY6 bowl.

There will be bunch of marquee names forgoing bowl games to prevent injury and prepare for the NFL.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Is FSU going to play Georgia? I'm pretty sure it's in the CFP committee's best interest to ensure this doesn't happen.
They match up in the Orange Bowl. Will be interesting to see how many mutt players opt out. Im sure F$U players are will to eat glass and take a steamy dump on the committee when they beat the mutts by 30 with a back up qb.

TheNaturalScientist

Jolly Good Fellow
Apparently the ACC had no plan in place if FSU didn’t make the playoff and if ULL didn’t make a NY6. Well neither happened so the conference has no clue where to send schools

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Apparently the ACC had no plan in place if FSU didn’t make the playoff and if ULL didn’t make a NY6. Well neither happened so the conference has no clue where to send schools
The ACC has no part in the decisions. It is ESPN and the bowl games that decide who plays where. If I were guessing, the ACC schools are probably not cooperating with the bowls nor ESPN very well at the moment.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Sorry but that's bull****. If we are picking the four best teams, Georgia is one of them. No matter how much we hate them.
Nope, I don't agree. After watching the games Saturday the top 5 would be Washington, Michigan, Texas, and FSU. All conference champions with just one loss between them. Alabama beat UGA to be the #5 team leaving the Dwags at #6. Of the teams, I saw play Saturday, Texas was the most impressive. Watching Alabama and UGA, I thought a half time that this is the pace that Saban feels comfortable at with his team. What he did not want was an up and down the field track meet which would have favored UGA. The team that needs to be screaming is FSU. FWIW