Bowl Projections & Rumors

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t think it’s going to be good for us… I’m seeing match ups with Troy and others in the Birmingham. Now I’m praying for the Rutgers match up in the Pinstripe

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think the ACC is getting the ReliaQuest bowl either way. The Orange will get Alabama or UGA instead of Ohio State.

If FSU makes the playoffs, then it's something like this:
Playoffs: FSU
Orange: Louisville
Gator: NCSU
Pop Tarts: Notre Dame
Holiday & Duke's Mayo: UNC & Clemson
Sun: Miami
Pinstripe: Duke or GT
Military: Va Tech
Fenway: BC
At-large: Duke or GT & Syracuse

If FSU misses the playoffs, then I'm assuming Louisville is out of the NY6 too:
Orange: FSU
Gator: NCSU
Pop Tarts: Notre Dame
Holiday: Louisville
Duke's Mayo: Clemson
Sun: Miami
Pinstripe: UNC
Military: Va Tech
Fenway: BC
At-Large: GT, Duke and Syracuse

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Here’s my simple philosophy about a bowl game this year. I want it to be the one that MOST GT fans can travel to no matter how “prestigious” it is or not. Why? Because I want this first bowl in a while to be one that TONS of GT fans go to so the Sun Bowl would suck. That is the one my family could almost definitely not make versus the others which at least two of us, myself and my GT-student daughter, would almost definitely travel to see. If it’s Birmingham or Gasparilla or any of the ones in Florida we are nearly guaranteed all four of us would go. And I just use that as an example of what I mean.

So here’s hoping it is whichever one is most convenient for GT fans to travel to. And then next year when we are hopefully also bowl eligible we can worry about whether GT gets screwed out of a “good” bowl or not.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Here’s my simple philosophy about a bowl game this year. I want it to be the one that MOST GT fans can travel to no matter how “prestigious” it is or not. Why? Because I want this first bowl in a while to be one that TONS of GT fans go to so the Sun Bowl would suck. That is the one my family could almost definitely not make versus the others which at least two of us, myself and my GT-student daughter, would almost definitely travel to see. If it’s Birmingham or Gasparilla or any of the ones in Florida we are nearly guaranteed all four of us would go. And I just use that as an example of what I mean.

So here’s hoping it is whichever one is most convenient for GT fans to travel to. And then next year when we are hopefully also bowl eligible we can worry about whether GT gets screwed out of a “good” bowl or not.
In other words, let's hope they give us the Peach Bowl instead of the Cotton Bowl next year for our first-round playoff matchup.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU got jobbed. The committee just reached into our collective conference pocket and stole money from us.

That’s ridiculous. I have no lost love for FSU; but cmon man. Undefeated P5 conference championship should be an autobid.
Honestly, FSU and the ACC should file a lawsuit against the NCAA, ESPN, the CFB playoff committee and anyone else involved in this nonsense.