Bowl Projections & Rumors

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Question for those who know more than me ( which is most of Y'all)

Let's say you go to Bowl xxx and the payout for each team is $4.000.000 How much does the school get and how much goes to the ACC?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Question for those who know more than me ( which is most of Y'all)

Let's say you go to Bowl xxx and the payout for each team is $4.000.000 How much does the school get and how much goes to the ACC?
I think, but don't know, that they pay for team expenses and then the net goes into a pool that is distributed to all teams.

TheStolenT

Georgia Tech Fan
Id be pumped for the Birmingham bowl because I live here. The new stadium downtown is really nice and a good place to see a game. Not sure its going to be a super fun experience for the players as its not a super fun place to travel

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My problem with Bham is the extortion parking if you don’t park in main lots. You basically pay someone to not damage or break in your car. I went to several games at the old Legion field, & this was standard.
Again, I’m dating myself here, but we used to go to Braves games back before adequate parking or mass transit options. We would park in someone’s yard and pay them $5 to watch the car. Fun times!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
While they would never do it, I would love to see a national championship game at Lambeau Field or Soldier Field.

Football is meant to be played outside. And elements are even better.
Watching the Iowa St - Kansas St game last week was ridiculous fun.
I'm not a fan of all the dome games.
YES!!! I love watching football games In weather -on TV.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My parents had to drive from Appleton to Fond Du Lac the day of the Ice Bowl because they had no power and that is where they were able to find a place with power to watch the game.
In the ice bowl I was pulling for Dallas at the time but over the years I’ve come to love the folklore of Packer fans getting teams on their turf where they could freeze them to death while making fun of them by dancing around without shirts on.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
In the ice bowl I was pulling for Dallas at the time but over the years I’ve come to love the folklore of Packer fans getting teams on their turf where they could freeze them to death while making fun of them by dancing around without shirts on.
Thats good stuff. I watched the Ice Bowl documentary once. One of the DBs said if the reciever lined up with his hands in his warmer then he knew not to cover the guy.