Bowl Projections & Rumors

slugboy

Staff member
I really gotta think that coachless Duke or Syracuse will be the ones to drop to the Tier 2 bowl and we’ll get the Pinstripe at a minimum. Then again, we’ve been shafted in this situation before (hello Quick Lane Bowl)
Syracuse has a new head coach. Rough time to build a staff—it’ll be a confusing situation for that staff and Duke

Georgia Tech Fan
Does honorable mention count as all conference. I'm not trying to be negative they were all good players I didn't know honorable mention was all conference.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I've come to realize that the ACC CG really doesn't affect the other ACC bowls much at all this year.
L'ville is locked into the Orange Bowl win or lose.
The outcomes for the top 2 appear to be
FSU beats L'ville - FSU to CFP, L'ville to Orange as highest rated non ACC Champ available.
L'ville beats FSU - L'ville to Orange as ACC Champ, FSU to NY6 bowl.

In either scenario FSU and L'ville are in Orange/NY6/CFP games.
Orange is contracted this year to take an ACC team. Either the ACC Champ if it is not selected for the CFP, or the highest ranked non-ACC Champ team if the ACC Champ makes the CFP.
There has been some discussion about whether FSU will get the Orange Bowl bid if they win the ACC and are not included in the CFP. The Orange Bowl, according to my famility in Florida, gets the ACC champ if they are not in the CFP (this is the contractural ACC tie-in). I doubt UL gets a NY6 invite if they are not the champs and FSU gets the Orange Bowl.

So, my question for family was, why would CFP bypass undefeated FSU. The answer I got was for FSU to win an ugly game by a close margin (emphasizing their loss of Travis) and Alabama to beat uga. Their thinking is the CFP is going to have uga in the top four win or lose. Michigan and either Washington or Oregon will get a spot. The 4th spot will then go to Alabama or Texas (if they are the B12 champs) or Washington (if Oregon is the PAC champ).

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
There has been some discussion about whether FSU will get the Orange Bowl bid if they win the ACC and are not included in the CFP. The Orange Bowl, according to my famility in Florida, gets the ACC champ if they are not in the CFP (this is the contractural ACC tie-in). I doubt UL gets a NY6 invite if they are not the champs and FSU gets the Orange Bowl.

So, my question for family was, why would CFP bypass undefeated FSU. The answer I got was for FSU to win an ugly game by a close margin (emphasizing their loss of Travis) and Alabama to beat uga. Their thinking is the CFP is going to have uga in the top four win or lose. Michigan and either Washington or Oregon will get a spot. The 4th spot will then go to Alabama or Texas (if they are the B12 champs) or Washington (if Oregon is the PAC champ).
Alabama has some really ugly wins against Arkansas (24-21) who went 4-8 and Auburn (27-24) who went 6-6. An "ugly" win over a 10 win Louisville should not matter at all, as long as its a win they should be in. Taking an Alabama team that got beat by 2 scores by Texas over an undefeated FSU is ridiculous. And Georgia should absolutely be out if they lose their conference championship, just like they should have been left out in 2021.

$eC $pin at work...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Living in Palm Beach I can tell you NO ONE wants anything to do with Dade.... Broward is where you start to notice the difference...

If you only see miami from the TV view ... you are very misinformed
Is it as bad as the Bay County to Fort Walton area? Because with family there I can tell you that is the absolute arm pit. As one friend down there told me, “If God gave the world an enema this is where he’s stick it.”

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I should block you just for this blasphemy alone.
Ha!

Proving my point that I stated elsewhere that love or rejection of a place, or section of the country, is not objective. I have no problem with anyone who states a preference for one bowl over another but to state in absolutist language that some bowl location is the equivalent of Dante’s third level of hell is kind of silly.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Ha!

Proving my point that I stated elsewhere that love or rejection of a place, or section of the country, is not objective. I have no problem with anyone who states a preference for one bowl over another but to state in absolutist language that some bowl location is the equivalent of Dante’s third level of hell is kind of silly.
Personally, I think NYC is 4th level stuff.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Is it as bad as the Bay County to Fort Walton area? Because with family there I can tell you that is the absolute arm pit. As one friend down there told me, “If God gave the world an enema this is where he’s stick it.”
Personally, I love the beaches in that area, although they've been discovered and have become too crowded now. Once you get north of hwy 98, there really isn't much of anything there. It's just an extension of L.A. (Lower Alabama) and very rural.