Bowl Projections & Rumors

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Same with Chicago. Probably one of the safest places to be in a downtown setting. Get a little south or west and you'll run into some rough neighborhoods, but inside the Loop is pretty damn safe.
Even outside the loop, I have had nothing but great experiences with your city. I am there pretty frequently - loop, north, south, west. Not to say crime doesn't exist, but I've put myself in positions where I haven't had to deal with it (i.e. haven't joined a gang, don't deal with drugs, keep my wits about me). I may move there down the line. I've found the prices are actually cheaper than Atlanta if you don't mind an up-and-coming neighborhood. I've got a condo saved on Zillow that is under $100k and a short ride on public transit from so much fun.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I know there is a lot pride associated with our stated preferences, but we're 6-6 and have probably given good reasons for bowls to think we may not buy many tickets. So, no matter how attractive a rivalry game against Auburn or Tennessee might seem to us, it is not likely to happen. I would prefer we get matched up against a team we can beat. I want this season to end with a 7-6 record. The players deserve that. Especially the ones who endured 3+ years under tfg.

slugboy

Staff member
I know there is a lot pride associated with our stated preferences, but we're 6-6 and have probably given good reasons for bowls to think we may not buy many tickets. So, no matter how attractive a rivalry game against Auburn or Tennessee might seem to us, it is not likely to happen. I would prefer we get matched up against a team we can beat. I want this season to end with a 7-6 record. The players deserve that. Especially the ones who endured 3+ years under tfg.
It may not be that bad--I'm sure the bowl committees are also looking at us as a team and fanbase that's hungry and wants to go to a bowl, and should buy a few more tickets.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Even outside the loop, I have had nothing but great experiences with your city. I am there pretty frequently - loop, north, south, west. Not to say crime doesn't exist, but I've put myself in positions where I haven't had to deal with it (i.e. haven't joined a gang, don't deal with drugs, keep my wits about me). I may move there down the line. I've found the prices are actually cheaper than Atlanta if you don't mind an up-and-coming neighborhood. I've got a condo saved on Zillow that is under $100k and a short ride on public transit from so much fun.
What neighborhood is this condo in, may I ask? My daughter and husband have been there for 4 1/2 years. We've visited many time since and love the neighborhoods. They lived in Wrigleyville and now are in Logan Square/Bucktown. We were there for Thanksgiving.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I was there and it was cold, but not terribly so. It snowed not rained, and I was in the 9th grade, so it was pretty cool to see. Grant Field was completely covered in about 2" of snow. We were in the UE and you couldn't even see across the stadium to the UW it was snowing so hard for a while - just during halftime. But as it wasn't terribly cold, the snow turned to mush by the end of the game and getting home wasn't too bad.
Oh my...brings back more memories. Great picture!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
What neighborhood is this condo in, may I ask? My daughter and husband have been there for 4 1/2 years. We've visited many time since and love the neighborhoods. They lived in Wrigleyville and now are in Logan Square/Bucktown. We were there for Thanksgiving.
Jackson Park Highlands near Hyde Park. I haven't visited this particular neighborhood. Logan Square is really nice but there's no way you're finding cheap property there.

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow
Another prediction: GT to St Pete for the Gasparilla Bowl vs UCF. Personally, I would love that since there's phenomenal saltwater fishing in that area.

What are their other predictions for the rest of ACC? Gasparilla would put us about last in the pecking order.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
South Florida would be great, and it would be really nice to finally beat them UCF bastards
Gasparilla ain't in south Florida...it is west central Florida. A much easier drive coming down from the ATL - and better beaches. FYI, I highly recommend coming down to Tampa for the Gasparilla Pirate festival at the end of January/early February each year. It is a lot of fun!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Gasparilla ain't in south Florida...it is west central Florida. A much easier drive coming down from the ATL - and better beaches. FYI, I highly recommend coming down to Tampa for the Gasparilla Pirate festival at the end of January/early February each year. It is a lot of fun!
I am familiar with where Tampa/St. Pete is at geographically, but people still call it south Fla. Where is The University of South Florida located at again?