Bowl Projections & Rumors

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The weather will be cold wherever we land. I remember the Sun Bowl having sleet and rain with near freezing temps very often over the past several years. I remember almost freezing to death in Tampa the year we beat Clemson in the ACC Championship game. Boston and New York are a given cold and most likely wet locations. Unless we are going to Hawaii which we are not, the weather is most likely going to suck.
The coldest I have been at a football game as an adult was the Orange Bowl game against Iowa after we beat Clemson in Tampa. I had 3 layers on, and I could not get warm. It was crazy - I guess the moisture just made it feel so much worse, and of course, our play that night did not warm me up much either. I was there with "ole foggie".

With that said, I lived in NY in 1986-1987 - I've seen enough of it. It's cold and wet. Any of y'all traveling to NY in late December to support the boys has my respect.

Sugar3ThousandPounds

Georgia Tech Fan
Cal seems to have some insight to their bowl game and is not looking like the Sun Bowl for them

Yeah differing opinions on NYC aside, can we all agree and rejoice in the fact that it’s impossible for us to get relegated to Shreveport? Thank you Big 12/Pac 12 for taking over that tie-in and giving the ACC the Holiday Bowl in return.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
The coldest I have been at a football game as an adult was the Orange Bowl game against Iowa after we beat Clemson in Tampa. I had 3 layers on, and I could not get warm. It was crazy - I guess the moisture just made it feel so much worse, and of course, our play that night did not warm me up much either. I was there with "ole foggie".

With that said, I lived in NY in 1986-1987 - I've seen enough of it. It's cold and wet. Any of y'all traveling to NY in late December to support the boys has my respect.
That Orange Bowl was frigid! After the game I had to take my wife to Key West to thaw her out and get her speaking to me again. :)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The weather will be cold wherever we land. I remember the Sun Bowl having sleet and rain with near freezing temps very often over the past several years. I remember almost freezing to death in Tampa the year we beat Clemson in the ACC Championship game. Boston and New York are a given cold and most likely wet locations. Unless we are going to Hawaii which we are not, the weather is most likely going to suck.
Funny you should say that. The coldest I’ve ever been at a game is a tie between the Armv-Navy game and the Peach Bowl back in the day.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I’m going to NYC in a couple days to see the final two KISS shows at MSG. Highly excited. Although, I still need a hotel in Manhattan. Holding out for a better price. Anyone got a good lead on how to get a better rate? I was there a year ago for the first time for a wedding and stayed at Westgate (recommend) Grand Central for $200 a night. It’s double that now. Also, as for the discussion, everywhere I went in NYC, there were people everywhere and cops literally at every intersection.
I'd recommend the path that @Augusta_Jacket noted. Stay in Staten Island, uber to the ferry, and take the subway to anywhere you want to go in NYC. I went to see GT play basketball in a Thanksgiving tournament at MSG years ago with my cousin's kids, and did most of that. The difference being their house is in walking distance to the Staten Island Railway that we could take to the ferry instead of uber.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Sun vs. Cal or Birmingham vs. Auburn seems realistic and would be cool. Birmingham Bowl is whatever but would be a homecoming for Key, close location, and a chance to smoke an SEC opponent, preferably Auburn.
The SEC isn't using the Birmingham Bowl. Hell, they aren't even going to fill the Liberty Bowl spot this year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Not that it matters, but my comments about NYC mentioned crime (and yeah, I get what many are saying about that...more in a minute) AND dirt/grime...and expense. All 3 together are what make it a problem for me. But I will add my experience of NYC is mostly in Queens and in not so nice areas of Queens (specifically Queen Center Mall, for example). I would imagine Manhattan is a very different experience, but taking the subway in Queens is very dirty, to say the least. And there are some really crime ridden areas of Queens...massive housing projects with all the risks that comes with those. I am possibly spoiled because I lived in London for some years, and comparing London to an area like Queens....well, London wins. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, but I still hold to my views....Peace.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Whatever, but if one let’s that ruin your chance to go see Tech in our first bowl since ‘18 then idk what to say, I guess different people have different priorities. Making literally everything political in your life is guaranteed to make you one miserable human being.
Amen.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
you really think the Gator would pick us to play an 8-4 team when there are 7 team 8 if you add ND that have 7 or more wins.
Hell, I'm just happy we will play in a bowl game after that last guy who was here.
If they thought we'd sell more tickets and spend more money in Jax, yes. The problem is they know we won't. Record has nothing to do with anything except Notre Dame.