Bowl Projections 2020

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ole Miss and Memphis are my other 2 teams I follow (but don't cheer for like of course GT) - hubby grad of Ole Miss and I did grad school at Memphis. Unless we have a major turnaround in the next couple of weeks, these would not be entertaining matchups. Ole Miss would beat us by 60 points even though their D is weak - their O is for real. And Memphis is no walk in the park for us either. Both of those teams are way better than their record. Sadly, I don't see that we are better than our record.

you may be right but you never know what is going to happen in a bowl game. Sometimes the better team isn't inspired to be there and just goes through the motions. Remember SC vs. us a few years ago in El Paso?
Sure we don't deserve a bowl (understatement of the year) but that is probably true of a lot of teams in a normal year as well. Heck, we have been cut short games this year enough. I would love to see us play again, even if we run the risk of getting beat badly. As they say, you can't win if you don't play!!

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
you may be right but you never know what is going to happen in a bowl game. Sometimes the better team isn't inspired to be there and just goes through the motions. Remember SC vs. us a few years ago in El Paso?
Sure we don't deserve a bowl (understatement of the year) but that is probably true of a lot of teams in a normal year as well. Heck, we have been cut short games this year enough. I would love to see us play again, even if we run the risk of getting beat badly. As they say, you can't win if you don't play!!
agreed.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Look for all of them to cancel and would not be surprised if there is no playoff . we were lucky to get some games in this year.
I'd bet that we'll get the new years six bowls and playoffs, but I doubt that there will be any other bowl games.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
We have no officially opted out of playing a bowl game yet despite canceling the regular season finale against Miami. ESPN has us currently projected to play in the Gasparilla Bowl on Dec 26 against either Liberty or South Carolina

Canceled Bowl Games:
  • New Era Pinstripe Bowl
  • Fenway Bowl
  • San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl
  • Bahamas Bowl
  • Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl
  • Hawai'i Bowl
  • LA Bowl
  • Las Vegas Bowl
  • Redbox Bowl
  • Sun Bowl
  • Quick Lane Bowl
  • Celebration Bowl

ACC Teams opting out of bowls
- UVA
- Pitt
- Boston College

stech81

Helluva Engineer
We have no officially opted out of playing a bowl game yet despite canceling the regular season finale against Miami. ESPN has us currently projected to play in the Gasparilla Bowl on Dec 26 against either Liberty or South Carolina

After this year I would think most of the players would rather go home and enjoy. Christmas with their family.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
We don't deserve any bowl. Sorry, but getting another chance to embarrass the program isn't what we need.

There will be losing teams in bowls this year. Fact is, ESPN wants to fill some tv slots during the holidays. If our players and coaches see the value in an extra game, I'd support it 100 percent. I really don't get this attitude. The idea of something "embarrassing" the program is so overblown. Whatever happens, we will be the only ones who even remember it, trust me.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
We don't deserve any bowl. Sorry, but getting another chance to embarrass the program isn't what we need.
Yes, because the entire nation will tune into Georgia Tech vs Liberty or GT vs USCe. The 100million viewers will laugh at us when we show up to play wearing pink skirts and high heels and lose the game while our head coach asks why a touchdown is worth 7 runs.

Over? Did you say "Over"? Nothing is over until WE decide it is. Was is over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Well was it? HELL NO!!! It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's Gooooooooooooo....!!!!!

Jmonty71

Banned
There will be losing teams in bowls this year. Fact is, ESPN wants to fill some tv slots during the holidays. If our players and coaches see the value in an extra game, I'd support it 100 percent. I really don't get this attitude. The idea of something "embarrassing" the program is so overblown. Whatever happens, we will be the only ones who even remember it, trust me.
Last game was a complete embarrassment, in my eyes. From the bad calls, to the HC that is too chicken to confront the refs, to the sign of bad sportsmanship, with that yank vs shake...

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Last game was a complete embarrassment, in my eyes. From the bad calls, to the HC that is too chicken to confront the refs, to the sign of bad sportsmanship, with that yank vs shake...

Well, the bad calls weren't our fault, so not sure how that is relevant. Collins confronted the refs plenty and I'm sure a complaint was registered with the league office. The handshake is also overblown and was "news" for a couple hours, at best.

If it's that embarrassing for you, by all means don't watch.

Truthfully, I still kind of doubt we will accept an invite because of how banged up we are. It may depend on if we think Sims can go. But again, if the players want to play and the coaches see it as valuable experience, your own personal sense of shame really doesn't mean anything.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Maybe you should find a less embarrassing team to root for then. The only thing embarrassing around here are some of our supposed fans.

Jmonty71

Banned
Maybe you should find a less embarrassing team to root for then. The only thing embarrassing around here are some of our supposed fans.
Perhaps.... Maybe I just have some outrageous expectations. Maybe the fan base has grown to except a inferior product? I don't know. As a fan, I expect better. Again... maybe it's just me.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Canceled Bowl Games:
  • New Era Pinstripe Bowl
  • Fenway Bowl
  • San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl
  • Bahamas Bowl
  • Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl
  • Hawai'i Bowl
  • LA Bowl
  • Las Vegas Bowl
  • Redbox Bowl
  • Sun Bowl
  • Quick Lane Bowl
  • Celebration Bowl

ACC Teams opting out of bowls
- UVA
- Pitt
- Boston College
I'd love the Gasparilla Bowl! I'll be in Sarasota so if they're selling tickets I'll be there

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'd love the Gasparilla Bowl! I'll be in Sarasota so if they're selling tickets I'll be there

I'd be ecstatic to go to Sarasota and get a fishing trip in as well...however, I doubt GT would accept a bowl invitation. I think our players and coaches are tired of the quarantine measures and they would have to extend those measures into the holidays. That means no going home.

I can see all the bowls canceling this season unless it's one of the prestigious New Year's day bowl or Playoff bowls.