Bowl game (what bowl and who do you want)

What Bowl Game Would Y'all Like To See Georgia Tech Play In?

• Pinstripe Bowl

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Military Bowl

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Independence Bowl

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Quick Lane Bowl

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Belk Bowl

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Music City Bowl

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Birmingham Bowl

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

GTFLETCH

Banned
I want Auburn, it’s really a shame we don’t play any more.
We had a series scheduled with Auburn.....
Wicker went ahead and arranged a plum of a home-and-home – Auburn. “The dates weren’t ideal, but at that point we needed to fill the schedule,” Wicker said. As he recalled, it was imperfect for some reason, possibly because the Auburn and Georgia games would have been road games in the same year. But Tech and Auburn, longtime rivals from when the institute was an SEC member, haven’t played since 2005. Wicker informed the ACC and senior associate commissioner Michael Strickland of the agreement in place with Auburn and a plan to keep Notre Dame on the 2019 schedule.

Auburn series was Canx the ND series could be moved thus we ended up with Bowling Green
LINK
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ch-bowling-green-came/Qnf3W5lFU3V790KJLbvkXP/

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
We had a series scheduled with Auburn.....
Wicker went ahead and arranged a plum of a home-and-home – Auburn. “The dates weren’t ideal, but at that point we needed to fill the schedule,” Wicker said. As he recalled, it was imperfect for some reason, possibly because the Auburn and Georgia games would have been road games in the same year. But Tech and Auburn, longtime rivals from when the institute was an SEC member, haven’t played since 2005. Wicker informed the ACC and senior associate commissioner Michael Strickland of the agreement in place with Auburn and a plan to keep Notre Dame on the 2019 schedule.

Auburn series was Canx the ND series could be moved thus we ended up with Bowling Green
LINK
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ch-bowling-green-came/Qnf3W5lFU3V790KJLbvkXP/

Dang wish that had worked out!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It’s just for fun, I saw something posted with what bowl game sports outlets thought we would make. As far as D, they have been improving every week and have played pretty good since Clemson. Bowling Green scored 17, Duke scores 28 with 2 TD’s coming on really really really short fields, Louisville scores 31 but 1 TD was a trash TD with guys on the field I haven’t seen play all year, VT also scored 28 with 1 TD in trash time. They have played well enough to win in everyone of those games.

Perhaps, but giving up 28 points a game is not good defense. I realize in this day and age with offenses being what they are and rules that allow holding on just about anything short of a wrestling takedown it is increasingly harder to play good defense but sometimes we look like we are not even slowing them down. I will grant you that it would appear we are slowly getting better on defense but it will be put to the test starting this week. We are not going to be able to simply outscore most of the remaining teams.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
ESPN’s FPI is giving us a 1.6% chance of winning out. 75.7% chance to win against UNC, 45.2% chance to win against Miami, 68.8% chance to win against UVA, and a 9% chance to win against UGA. I agree with what you said but we are unpredictable and I would be elated but not totally surprised if we won 3 out of our last 4. Heck, our toughest remaining opponent is not doing well against the run this season and, well, that’s what we do best. Who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before the last couple of weeks I would have pretty much agreed with this but now I am not so sure that Miami is any better and might be worse than Virginia. I have only watched both of them a couple of times. Frankly, I was more impressed by Virginia but that was with a very limited sample. I have no doubt that Miami has plenty of talent, probably more than Virginia but as always with the Hurricanes it is a matter of what they will do with that talent on a particular day.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
It would. But the Gasparilla Bowl? It's like going to the carnival at the State Fair.

So, your a fan of this team but don't want them to go to a bowl? But, then you will be the first yell "FIRE THE COACH!" if they don't go to a bowl.
4kb6z.jpg

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Excuse me. Where did I say I didn't want the team to go to a bowl?

And as to CPJ, I happen to like CPJ.

So, you're 0-2.

Then understand that ANY bowl will be good for us. Extra practice for the team. National TV audience. Will the revenue be the same? Of course not. But there needs to be no complaining when we go.

The ACC is a hell of a lot better than it was when CPJ got here. We were passed in almost every way by all the other schools, not because of the failures of our coach, but by our administration. Those failures are being corrected.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Then understand that ANY bowl will be good for us. Extra practice for the team. National TV audience. Will the revenue be the same? Of course not. But there needs to be no complaining when we go.

The ACC is a hell of a lot better than it was when CPJ got here. We were passed in almost every way by all the other schools, not because of the failures of our coach, but by our administration. Those failures are being corrected.

What is your malfunction? Where did I say anything about NOT going to a bowl? I didn't.

Here's a newsflash.Some bowls are better than others. That's what I said. When you get off your high horse, maybe you can read it.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It is not a crime and it does not make you a poor fan if you have trouble getting excited about a 6-6 team going to the Toilet Bowl in Las Cruces, NM (made up, of course).

Doesn't mean we don't want to at least get to 6-6, and doesn't mean we don't want the team to get the extra practice, and for the players' sake, we'd like them all the chance to go someplace they want to go to. But....I can understand completely how as a fan, one might not be excited about that.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I did, and you were criticizing Gasswhatever bowl. Considering we haven't been to many bowls lately, ANY bowl we go to is a good thing. We're arguing for the same thing, just from different view points.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I did, and you were criticizing Gasswhatever bowl. Considering we haven't been to many bowls lately, ANY bowl we go to is a good thing. We're arguing for the same thing, just from different view points.

The Gasswhatever Bowl. At least I got the name right.