Bowl game (what bowl and who do you want)

What Bowl Game Would Y'all Like To See Georgia Tech Play In?

• Pinstripe Bowl

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Military Bowl

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Independence Bowl

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Quick Lane Bowl

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Belk Bowl

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Music City Bowl

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Birmingham Bowl

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
All of you guys are assuming we even make a bowl. Remember, we still have to win 2 more games, and what with the apparent bi-polar nature of this year's team, we may struggle to do so. Plus, even if we do qualify for a bowl, simply having 6 wins is not going to give us much of a selection of bowls to appear in.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I’m hoping for the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl game against Auburn. I think we can make this bowl at 7-5, if we finished 6-6 I’d say the Independence Bowl against UT.

One of my best friend is a UT fan (I want revenge) and a lot of my wife’s family is AU fans.

I appreciate the sentiments, I really do, but this team will have to show significant improvement on defense to become bowl eligible. It is ridiculous that bowls reward mediocrity with teams going to bowls with 6 wins and sometimes with losing records. The ultimate participation trophy. There is a very real possibility that we could lose 3 of the remaining 4 games to finish 5 and 7. It is also just about as likely that we win 3 of the last 4 which would be a very nice finish indeed.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I would love it if we could make a bowl at 6-6 and win finishing 7-6, that would feel pretty good considering how this season started out, and build momentum on what should be a much better QB situation for next season with Lucas Johnson , Graham, Oliver in the mix.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate the sentiments, I really do, but this team will have to show significant improvement on defense to become bowl eligible. It is ridiculous that bowls reward mediocrity with teams going to bowls with 6 wins and sometimes with losing records. The ultimate participation trophy. There is a very real possibility that we could lose 3 of the remaining 4 games to finish 5 and 7. It is also just about as likely that we win 3 of the last 4 which would be a very nice finish indeed.
It’s just for fun, I saw something posted with what bowl game sports outlets thought we would make. As far as D, they have been improving every week and have played pretty good since Clemson. Bowling Green scored 17, Duke scores 28 with 2 TD’s coming on really really really short fields, Louisville scores 31 but 1 TD was a trash TD with guys on the field I haven’t seen play all year, VT also scored 28 with 1 TD in trash time. They have played well enough to win in everyone of those games.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
All of you guys are assuming we even make a bowl. Remember, we still have to win 2 more games, and what with the apparent bi-polar nature of this year's team, we may struggle to do so. Plus, even if we do qualify for a bowl, simply having 6 wins is not going to give us much of a selection of bowls to appear in.
Wow, just ruin the fun why don’t you lol? Seriously though, I don’t think anyone is assuming we are making a bowl. We are just talking about what team and what bowl we would like to play in.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
USA Today as Georgia Tech in the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa Bay playing a Conference USA team or American League team. Would probably be LA Tech, UAB, Florida International, or Marshall if Conference USA.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
ESPN:

Sherman has us in Annapolis playing the Military Bowl against Army. Call it the triple option bowl. CPJ would hate this, as he doesn't like to go up against former assistants.

Bonagura has us in dreaded Detroit playing against Maryland.

I don't really have a preference, though obviously Detroit sucks. Just want to see our guys have an extra game and give the seniors a chance to walk away with a win.

Step one is beat UNC or all this talk is likely moot.

Last edited:

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
orange-600x600.jpg