Bowl game Uni.... some will need a suicide watch

gt365

Georgia Tech Fan
That’s what wrong with our fan base today It’s time for a change. I know the player are tired of wearing white jerseys every ball game. GT need some Swagg and the player love swagg. I like the blue on blue uniform imo but it’s all about the player. So alumni are whoever got a problem with the uni’s it’s ok! Go Jackets beat Minnesota!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it won't let me PM anybody. Not sure why
Put your cursor over your name at the top right hand corner of this window (no need to click on it), and you will get a drop-down menu. In that menu you will see "Contact Details". Click on that, and the page that comes up you will see something about "Conversations". Be sure it indicates that you can RECEIVE conversations from "Members", and not just "Those You have Followed" (or something like that). That should enable others to PM you. As to why you can't PM others, I don't have a clue.

That’s what wrong with our fan base today It’s time for a change. I know the player are tired of wearing white jerseys every ball game. GT need some Swagg and the player love swagg. I like the blue on blue uniform imo but it’s all about the player. So alumni are whoever got a problem with the uni’s it’s ok! Go Jackets beat Minnesota!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you know the players are tired of wearing white jerseys? And since when is an all blue uniform "swag"? Even if the players are tired of our colors, wth difference does it make? Do you think Bama players or USC players or Texas players are tired of their traditional uniforms? If so, nobody listens to them, because those uniforms define the school. White and Gold define Georgia Tech. Blue does not.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Stupid. Alternate color uniforms are fine for programs that have established brands and defined colors.

We suck on all counts. IIWII

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I love it because it pisses off the purists who are out of touch.
I don’t hate or love ‘em, they’re fine for a “one/off” or bowl game that is basically a glorified scrimmage. But you’re reason is the absolute worst reason to like them. Reveling in anything divisive is the last thing our fan base needs.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Looks like history supports it (in fact, in that article from 1892 gold is listed after blue.) The players evidently like it. We won't lose accreditation over. The darker color will absorb more heat, and given where our bowl is that could be an advantage. And, most importantly, I think they looks pretty nice. Of course, I'm a 55 yr old engineer who wasn't cool when I should have been, so maybe that's not such a good thing. And, oh yeah...I'm 'out of touch'. :rolleyes: So maybe we shouldn't wear them.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If we go to a crappie bowl next year, wonder if we could try a camo pattern or stripes. ??
If we win , this solid blue could be a tradition

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
How do you know the players are tired of wearing white jerseys? And since when is an all blue uniform "swag"? Even if the players are tired of our colors, wth difference does it make? Do you think Bama players or USC players or Texas players are tired of their traditional uniforms? If so, nobody listens to them, because those uniforms define the school. White and Gold define Georgia Tech. Blue does not.
The players like anything new. If we came out with a gold jersey they'd love it as well

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
My goodness. I go to bed to a thread that has a couple of pages & wake up to the same thread that now has 10 pages. It must be a uniform-color thread.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A couple of pages in we were only at 8:16 last night (at the latest). What time do you go to bed?!?! Okay, dumb post, I know. Just trying to lighten the mood in a thread about fashion tastes. There’s more discussion on GTSwarm about what we are going to wear than how the team is going to play in CPJ’s (and the rest of the staff ‘s) farewell game.

Milwaukee

Banned
Our unis and overall look has been a train wreck for a decade now, going back to 2008. I just thought when we were getting a new apparel provider we were finally gonna stop looking bad in the uniform department. Adidas has been an epic letdown across the board with their design. I'm bummed out, but they're not going anywhere so I'll have to deal.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Looks like history supports it (in fact, in that article from 1892 gold is listed after blue.) The players evidently like it. We won't lose accreditation over. The darker color will absorb more heat, and given where our bowl is that could be an advantage. And, most importantly, I think they looks pretty nice. Of course, I'm a 55 yr old engineer who wasn't cool when I should have been, so maybe that's not such a good thing. And, oh yeah...I'm 'out of touch'. :rolleyes: So maybe we shouldn't wear them.

With me it is not so much the color as the design - too gimmicky for my taste. Mixing a classic logo with funky stripes, etc.

But I do firmly believe Blue is now one of our main colors (just because RRFGT says"dress her in White & Gold" does not mean those are the only colors I suppose).

I just wish we would have a classic design, and that someone would have the honesty to say our colors are W/ B / G, and let us just focus on winning.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
With me it is not so much the color as the design - too gimmicky for my taste. Impinging a classic logo with funky stripes, etc.

But I do firmly believe Blue is now one of our main colors (just because RRFGT says"dress her in White & Gold" does not mean those are the only colors I suppose).

I just wish we would have a classic design, that someone would have the honesty to say our colors are W/ B / G, and let us just focus on winning.
Then why did the article about the new Basketball uniforms say this.
"prominently feature Georgia Tech’s two primary colors – Tech Gold and White"