Bobinski Q&A

LibertyTurns

Banned
I don't honestly think Oregon gets huge revenue from merchandising or merchandise licensing. I may very well be wrong as I have not researched this at all. What Oregon does have is a very special relationship with the founder of Nike. There isn't much chance Tech, or any school other than Under Armour or OK St., can equal that. My understanding of Tech though is that it has always been very...selective....when it comes to licensing merchandise. Maybe this is a revenue stream that could be expanded. I dunno. Again the problem here is the relatively small number of fans we have purchasing said merchandise.

Ducks get about $3M in benefits & revenue from Nike. Article says ND gets $9M from Under Armor. Folks at Nike aren't stupid. It's not like there's a huge market for Ducks apparel & their contract reflects that.

Now if you want to talk about Phil Knight writing obscene $$ checks to Oregon to build facilities, etc well that's another story altogether. Who's GT got that's donated over $250M to athletics? I think someone has donated $50M a while back but do we even have anyone near that level of giving? We'd need 5 of them to compete with Oregon.

http://uomatters.com/2015/06/nike-pays-uo-600k-under-armour-pays-notre-dame-9m.html