Blueprint? What effing Blueprint

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
speaking of superstitions, I still don't know after yesterday if I influence the outcomes of games or not. I decided to take a "day off" yesterday from making the game the raison d'etre of my fall Saturday. Packed up my daypack and took off to the mountains with the wife for a day of hiking. When we finished the hike and got back to the car, she took out her "smart phone" (you can actually look up scores and watch games on those things. I may have to get one sometime.My phone just calls people and rings when people call me), Tech (THE Tech) was up 6-0 so I had her look up the nearest sports bar (unbelievable right?). When we got there, the half just ended and GT was up 20-0. Again, all this stuff WAS ON HER PHONE!!!! i swear this is true.

She begged me not to go in and watch. She thought that they had got to 20-0 without me (or maybe, BECAUSE I hadn't watched) and that I would just curse them to the most horrible, Tech like defeat in the history of forever.She loves me and din't want to see my heart get shattered again. Me, undaunted by such rubbish and also smelling smoked chickens wings and cold beer, dismissed her theories of voodoo and jinxes and plunged in. We enjoyed the food, the environment and the game! When we left, I told her I had disproved her juvenile theories as any good logical GT grad would in the face of such nonsense.

But she maintains that the part I watched was a 20-10 victory for the other Tech. I tried to reason with her - talking about the great adjustments by CTR and CPJ, about how MJ allowed us to access some plays that we usually don't run with JET, about the pressure being brought by our DLine and the great play in the secondary by the Austins, about how we really didn't need points after the MM run and was trying to control the clock and how VT basically scored a bunch of points late when we were playing soft, and that we basically controlled the game. However, she is a bit more binary thinker and believes that the outcome would have been different if I had watched both halves. I am really scared that she may be right but I won't tell her that. So, how do I convince her that me watching and the team's performance are independent events? Or did Tech get a big enough lead because I didn't see the first half.?

I wondered why we fumbled on the first play of the second half. First play (after KO which wasn't returned) you watched?

You should know by now your wife is right even if she isn't.