Blue. Pants.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I like Buzz, but a lot of schools use the buzz likeness for their mascots. Only GT has the 'reck. So, I have to agree that it is more unique, for sure.

One of the issues is that many "older" schools that began football in the early 20th century ... Tech was the dominant team at the time ("the Golden Tornado"). My own high school was the Yellow Jackets and used the same logo as Tech. And when Tech changed to Buzz, they did as well. Sadly, the colors are hideous.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
How are some of you guys that are so disgusted by blue in our unis feel when CGC comes out in love with it?!?!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Players love. Recruits love it. And based on what we’ve seen and heard from CGC so far, you know how he’s gonna feel about it then...

How do you know recruits love them? Have you talked to them? Maybe they do, but would like to know how people know this.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
How do you know recruits love them? Have you talked to them? Maybe they do, but would like to know how people know this.

If you don't think our current players and recruits love some of the blue/alternate/flashy/non-traditional unis and gear, you're just disconnected. I'm not that young, but I see enough on Twitter to make that statement with full confidence.

I don't give a crap what we come out in, as long as we win. But kids are kids, and I don't fault them for it. We need every advantage we can get, especially if we are going to be relying on increased talent to make up for some loss of schematic advantage.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
The purpose of a compelling uniform should be to attract walk-up fans and recruits....not old dudes and alumni. People older than 21 and alumni have already decided what team they’ll support. We need to survey 13-17 year old kids to figure out the uniform designs / colors they like most. Particularly recruits and children in the Atlanta area whose parents didn’t attend any of the major universities (w/ football programs) in the southeast.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not against making flashy non-traditional alternate uniforms. Just do it in our colors and don't **** up our brand. Along with Tennessee and Texas we have one of the most unique school color schemes in all of college sports... but we dilute it so much with what is supposed to be our trim color that most people outside our program would never be able to name what our school colors are. Fix the brand, you can yell and sing Up With the White and Gold all day long but as long as you're wearing blue while you do it no one is going to get it. Wearing a blue jersey with white pants and gold hat once a year is fine with me. The blue pants are just unnecessary for a school still desperately trying to get identity right.

Look at our basketball winter whites. Those are straight fire non-traditional and fire up our players and totally reinforce our brand AND the white and gold of Georgia Tech.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I love the idea of featuring The Wreck, and Ramblin’ Wreck on alternate uni’s instead of Buzz/Yellow Jackets, very cool!

I'm not against making flashy non-traditional alternate uniforms. Just do it in our colors and don't **** up our brand. Along with Tennessee and Texas we have one of the most unique school color schemes in all of college sports... but we dilute it so much with what is supposed to be our trim color that most people outside our program would never be able to name what our school colors are. Fix the brand, you can yell and sing Up With the White and Gold all day long but as long as you're wearing blue while you do it no one is going to get it. Wearing a blue jersey with white pants and gold hat once a year is fine with me. The blue pants are just unnecessary for a school still desperately trying to get identity right.

Look at our basketball winter whites. Those are straight fire non-traditional and fire up our players and totally reinforce our brand AND the white and gold of Georgia Tech.
+ 1000 Thank you for that post.

The purpose of a compelling uniform should be to attract walk-up fans and recruits....not old dudes and alumni. People older than 21 and alumni have already decided what team they’ll support. We need to survey 13-17 year old kids to figure out the uniform designs / colors they like most. Particularly recruits and children in the Atlanta area whose parents didn’t attend any of the major universities (w/ football programs) in the southeast.
And suppose, for whatever reason, a lot of these "children in the Atlanta area" say they would like to see some red in our uniforms? Would that be ok with you too, because what they think matters"? HELL NO!!! And I say HELL NO to any other colors or color combinations that stray from WHITE AND GOLD !!!!!

bikeseat

GT Athlete
I don't want to start uniform wars 2018 again but our brand is not as recognizable as Texas or UT or UGA or Bama. It just is not in 2018. Sure in 1954 it was but its not now and there's no point in sticking to this out dated idea that we are a top FB brand/uniform.

I don't want to start uniform wars 2018 again but our brand is not as recognizable as Texas or UT or UGA or Bama. It just is not in 2018. Sure in 1954 it was but its not now and there's no point in sticking to this out dated idea that we are a top FB brand/uniform.
The FACT that it has been in the past is reason enough to stick with it. We WERE once one of the most recognizable teams in the country, not because of what we wore, but because of what we did on the field, that leading to the instant recognition of what we wore. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and the only thing that NEEDS to be fixed is the number and quality of wins.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

Amen

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

Thanks for completely agreeing with me even though you have no idea you did.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Uniform wars 2.0. I suppose we all have our favorites kits. I will forever love the white jerseys, mustard pants and gold helmets that I saw as a child. That was Tech. Never really liked the gold jerseys for some reason. But I did like those mustard jerseys in the Carson era that were paired with white pants and white helmets. Blue jerseys with gold helmets always remind me of Tech against Nebraska for the national championship. Have to like that.

But I agree that we need a consistent brand. One of my pet peeves was when it seemed like every team in the nation, regardless of school colors, was breaking out a matte black helmet and uniform. Did not matter if your colors were Carolina blue you had to have that black uniform. That is way too gimmicky for my taste.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I'm with you. Heck, @Supersizethatorder-mutt wore carolina blue to the spring game...
I'm with you. Heck, @Supersizethatorder-mutt wore carolina blue to the spring game...
20181214_180504.jpg
@Supersizethatorder-mutt loving BabyBlue...hahaha