Blue. Pants.

How are some of you guys that are so disgusted by blue in our unis feel when CGC comes out in love with it?!?!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Players love. Recruits love it. And based on what we’ve seen and heard from CGC so far, you know how he’s gonna feel about it then...
Players and recruits love anything that is new. Look at the video of Alvarado unveiling the new "winter whites". They were totally excited about it. They would probably be excited if somebody came up with an all green uniform, simply because it's different. But different doesn't mean right, excitement or not. As far as CCG, I don't know what you heard, but the only mention I heard him make about color in his press conference was when he apologized for using red ink for his notes, saying that would never happen again. Our school colors are and always have been WHITE AND GOLD, not blue and anything.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Players and recruits love anything that is new. Look at the video of Alvarado unveiling the new "winter whites". They were totally excited about it. They would probably be excited if somebody came up with an all green uniform, simply because it's different. But different doesn't mean right, excitement or not. As far as CCG, I don't know what you heard, but the only mention I heard him make about color in his press conference was when he apologized for using red ink for his notes, saying that would never happen again. Our school colors are and always have been WHITE AND GOLD, not blue and anything.
He’s gonna be in trouble if he tries using White ink instead of blue...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If Tech fans want to be all haughty about intelligence and teasing other schools / fanbases etc....maybe we should consider embracing “wreck”.

I like ramblin reck more myself but....living in glass houses and what not....

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Curry did that so we’d look more like the Pittsburgh Steelers. The was gnashing of teeth then, too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hated that look. Black is not a Tech color. Blue has been used throughout the history of the program but not black. When watching a Curry team I thought I was watching Army or Colorado or Purdue. Not Tech.

Hated that look. Black is not a Tech color. Blue has been used throughout the history of the program but not black. When watching a Curry team I thought I was watching Army or Colorado or Purdue. Not Tech.
WRONG !!! Although both Dodd and Alexander randomly (probably less than 10 times total) used blue jerseys, until the declaration of blue as a tertiary color in the 80s, BLACK was the trim on all the uniforms. Curry was the first to use a black jersey, but the stripes and outlines of the numbers had always been black until then.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I might get shot for this one but I’m a bigger fan of Ramblin’ Wreck than I am of Buzz. I will not buy any Tech gear that has a Buzz on it!
But that’s just me.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
WRONG !!! Although both Dodd and Alexander randomly (probably less than 10 times total) used blue jerseys, until the declaration of blue as a tertiary color in the 80s, BLACK was the trim on all the uniforms. Curry was the first to use a black jersey, but the stripes and outlines of the numbers had always been black until then.
So you are tracing blue all the way back to Alexander. Sounds like blue has been in the program a long time.

One of the endless debates on this topic usually revolves around whether dark blue trim shows up black in photographs. I would love to see something official in archival/original source material that explains when those black numbers were actually dark blue and when those dark blue numbers were actually black. If people argued endlessly on the internet about whether a dress was gold or blue I have no doubt people see different things. As a child the stripes on Lenny Snow's uniform definitely looked black but found out later that some of the uniforms I looked at were actually dark blue trim.

Regardless I still contend that blue jerseys are more traditional for Tech than black.

So you are tracing blue all the way back to Alexander. Sounds like blue has been in the program a long time.

One of the endless debates on this topic usually revolves around whether dark blue trim shows up black in photographs. I would love to see something official in archival/original source material that explains when those black numbers were actually dark blue and when those dark blue numbers were actually black. If people argued endlessly on the internet about whether a dress was gold or blue I have no doubt people see different things. As a child the stripes on Lenny Snow's uniform definitely looked black but found out later that some of the uniforms I looked at were actually dark blue trim.

Regardless I still contend that blue jerseys are more traditional for Tech than black.
IMO neither are "traditional." The one time that Tech wore blue jerseys that should have been enough to end it forever (but it wasn't) was in 1942. Tech was #1 in the country and headed to the Rose Bowl, pending the results of the Georgia game. Alexander was HC, but he was sick, and Dodd coached that game, choosing blue jerseys for the team to wear. Georgia slaughtered us in Athens, and they ended up going to the Rose Bowl instead and a share of the NC with tOSU. I don't know when we next wore blue jerseys again after that, but again IMO we should never have. As far as distinguishing what the trim color was, when I was in school in the 60s, and up until blue was "officially" adopted, the trim was definitely black. I had (no longer do) a jersey and other gear in my possession, and there was no doubt about the color.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Not always :D

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
IMO neither are "traditional." The one time that Tech wore blue jerseys that should have been enough to end it forever (but it wasn't) was in 1942. Tech was #1 in the country and headed to the Rose Bowl, pending the results of the Georgia game. Alexander was HC, but he was sick, and Dodd coached that game, choosing blue jerseys for the team to wear. Georgia slaughtered us in Athens, and they ended up going to the Rose Bowl instead and a share of the NC with tOSU. I don't know when we next wore blue jerseys again after that, but again IMO we should never have. As far as distinguishing what the trim color was, when I was in school in the 60s, and up until blue was "officially" adopted, the trim was definitely black. I had (no longer do) a jersey and other gear in my possession, and there was no doubt about the color.

Wore blue jerseys the last time we won a natty.....