Blue. Pants.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
good god G/G/W is ugly. No one does gold well as the base color.

Also the pants are fine. Players choosing uniforms are fine. Chill this is the first year of Adidas everything still has the "new toy" appeal so when blue pants are offered as a choice it makes sense to choose the new toy.

Our seniors don't get to choose from every single uni combo we have. CPJ has said they get a small selection and choose from those otherwise I think we'd be wearing blue uni's far more often than we do.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So a couple teams wearing them a couple times would all of the sudden make it not unique? You're fighting a losing battle
I'm just trying to point out that no matter what we wear, there are other teams that have also worn it and you don't want us looking like other teams. You apparently seem to think that we are the only school who wore gold on gold, but we aren't.

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a longtime uni-watcher (also a longtime lurker and infrequent poster here) and really got into it when I started at Tech in 2005. The current "era" of uniforms across the landscape of college football has seemed to have relented a bit from the constant change and insanity driven by oregon and uncle phil in the mid-to-late 2000s. There have been a ton of stinkers for a lot of teams out there, including the ducks themselves, the 2008 athens power rangers unis from the dome game against boise state, and even for the notoriously stodgy and not fun at all...er...I mean traditional...michigan and notre dame. Over the last decade, I've come to accept that the only constant for college football uniforms and apparel, outside of a select few programs (and they have some alternates too!), is, like it or not, change.

While I'm not fully on-board with the blue pants, I get why they exist and the lads that are wearing them on GAMEDAY like them and it's fun for them, so I'm not going to knock it and I'll try to enjoy it. What's probably even more fun for them is clicking on this board and watching a bunch of adults (and based on the historical Tech Ratio(tm), mostly adult men) argue about the color of pants and shirts while they have a hard time matching their own clothes (apologies to the color blind folks...you guys have it rough) and most wouldn't be caught dead in a conversation on men's or women's fashion.

My advice to this group is simple: lighten up and work on letting it go because the uniform change and combinations aren't going away. I hear beer and whiskey (whisky even?) help with the process. Unless of course you can match adidas dollar for dollar. In that case, crack on and influence the uniforms you want to see!

On a related note, anybody else think the home white jerseys would look sweet with the blue pants and gold hats?

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
This won't be popular here, but Duke had pretty cool uniforms.

744e93383a.jpeg

And of course, the Air Force alternate unis are good. Some of their altnerate uniforms honor certain military aircraft. This one is for the AC-130 gunship.

air-force-football-alternate-unis.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I like the blue pants...but I'd like to see it matched up with Gold Jerseys. Gold-Gold-Blue combo. Gold jerseys would match the gold striping on the blue pants.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
good god G/G/W is ugly. No one does gold well as the base color.

Also the pants are fine. Players choosing uniforms are fine. Chill this is the first year of Adidas everything still has the "new toy" appeal so when blue pants are offered as a choice it makes sense to choose the new toy.

Our seniors don't get to choose from every single uni combo we have. CPJ has said they get a small selection and choose from those otherwise I think we'd be wearing blue uni's far more often than we do.
NO Saints.