Blue Game Jerseys

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I hope on September 3rd the players choose a combo of blue helmets black tops and white cleats and mustard yellow pants just because they can. They play the game. We watch. Let them wear whatever they want!
I am sure Saban and Meyer and Gus and even Stevie let their players were what they want to be cool..........course if you win it doesnt make that much difference but if you lose...well somebody is going to catch hell and that is usallly the coach or maybe......the unis

Let's not forget that someone inside the AA is approving the unis. We're trapped with Russell so you guys might as well focus your attention on something else for the next few years.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
We've had better navy uniforms in the past.
Yep with the mixture of old guys like me and few more over 65 and they young fourtyish why not satisfy all.You could wear Dodd unis for Ga and maybe a homeconing game and the Ross or Carson unis for the thursday night games.....that leaves yo what nine or so games to wear all the retro outfits with pee yellow and cobwebs etc......it would make a stab at making bunch of folks happy.........

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yep with the mixture of old guys like me and few more over 65 and they young fourtyish why not satisfy all.You could wear Dodd unis for Ga and maybe a homeconing game and the Ross or Carson unis for the thursday night games.....that leaves yo what nine or so games to wear all the retro outfits with pee yellow and cobwebs etc......it would make a stab at making bunch of folks happy.........
Dodd, Ross, Cason and Rodgers were my favorite uniform eras. White uniforms, Mustard uniforms and Dark Blue uniforms. White helmets with mustard uniforms, gold with all the others. Gold pants with the white uniforms, white pants with the others.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I hear you northeast but powers to be want us to look like the old world football league....no compromise it seems.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I thought we looked sharp in the Orange Bowl. This year's unis weren't as bad as some from the past. Russell isn't very innovative and I'm surprised they haven't gone bankrupt yet. I'd just like to see what Nike, Under Armour or whoever could come up with. We should send out feelers to these companies to see what they can do for us. Weigh the positives and negatives of each and move forward. But someone needs to put Russells feet to the fire to get us some respectable unis to wear for the forseeable future

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
All I know is that it will be a terrible move on their part if Russel doesn't make ACTUAL replicas of the Orange Bowl jerseys with the official Orange Bowl patches.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Hey, at least we didn't get Oregon'd and wear a weird uniform in an irrelevant color.

They're with Nike, aren't they?
Yep there is hope........my age shows but of course this new uni situation is foreign to me since most sec teams are traditional and other ACC have much more slashes and stripes etc.....yes Oregon was able to win quickly with the wild unis and now they are known to all...........

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Nike, addidas, etc have made some pretty gawdawful uni's over the years as well
Yep no question about it but the scheme is the key here..numbers on the top of the shoulder pads have been tech trademark for years and years.In fact the cowboys and other teams have used tech version for years but I agree its a new generation in town but the old Ross or Dodd or Carson unis need no improvements.As I have said if you have what eight home games or so ...use on of the unis listed above and see what happens......that way we will not be the Oregon(uniform)of the ACC.Just a old guys opinion but we are not doing much changing every year..........

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yep no question about it but the scheme is the key here..numbers on the top of the shoulder pads have been tech trademark for years and years.In fact the cowboys and other teams have used tech version for years but I agree its a new generation in town but the old Ross or Dodd or Carson unis need no improvements.As I have said if you have what eight home games or so ...use on of the unis listed above and see what happens......that way we will not be the Oregon(uniform)of the ACC.Just a old guys opinion but we are not doing much changing every year..........
Clearly that would be my preference also.
Younger fans have often shared with me that younger players and fans today are not so traditionally minded and that they are attracted to new styling. I get the attraction of Oregon's unis. They have a consistent feather motif on the jerseys and on the helmet but manage to always figure out a complimentary color scheme of multiple alternating colors. Throw in the use of metallic shades and they are quite sharp. But that is their brand and they have a pretty exclusive relationship with their design team.

At the other end of the spectrum are teams like Penn State and Alabama who relish the old school tradition. They get by with what they do because their tradition trumps what otherwise would be seen as drab by the newer generations of fans.

I personally would not mind a "pimped out" uniform for special occasions on two conditions. (1) Really, really well designed. (2) Rarely used. Otherwise give me Tech's "traditional" look.