Blue Game Jerseys

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
With all the "goofy" stuff going on uniform-wise ... Oregon, Maryland, Baylor and the awful Louisville black helmits with dark red logo (that you can't really even see) ... I'm really into all white right now, including helmit.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Clearly that would be my preference also.
Younger fans have often shared with me that younger players and fans today are not so traditionally minded and that they are attracted to new styling. I get the attraction of Oregon's unis. They have a consistent feather motif on the jerseys and on the helmet but manage to always figure out a complimentary color scheme of multiple alternating colors. Throw in the use of metallic shades and they are quite sharp. But that is their brand and they have a pretty exclusive relationship with their design team.

At the other end of the spectrum are teams like Penn State and Alabama who relish the old school tradition. They get by with what they do because their tradition trumps what otherwise would be seen as drab by the newer generations of fans.

I personally would not mind a "pimped out" uniform for special occasions on two conditions. (1) Really, really well designed. (2) Rarely used. Otherwise give me Tech's "traditional" look.
I can live with that wish .........my point is that Tech fans are either young say 35 plus and many dont remember the old unis and then there are old guys like me that are traditionist and remember the unis plus Dodd equals victory...I see folks splitting into two camps but allways felt that if you wanted to go to Tech you knew what you were going to wear gamea by game........like I said we have three good unis under three different eras .......ACC said Ross unis were the best during his time there and a poll run by AJC was highly complementary of Dodd unis...........WHY not use all three and the new retro or what ever we wear now for home games ? I have fits when I see yellow uring called old gold..............thats just my take on it.I like your idea.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well one day we may see the all gold unifrom similar to the GA all red uni that they have burned by now.......hope not but things do change uniform wise at Tech.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
We agree. And I too would like to get the gold correct, especially important for the helmets.
One of the most vivid memories I have with Tech Football is 1959 at grant field when we got behind by 21 and only lost by 7...of course what sticks out is the colors.......ga had silver pants no stripes on the side and blood red jerseys with white numbers on the side and solid silver helmets.We lhad those Dodd unis with gleaming gold hats and several times during the game the sun would reflect off both teams hats........Fran T ran us crazy last two minutes of the game.....if I had a gun.........Might have shot him....Spent 6 yrs in USMCR and one thing that set a Marine out front was his uni.........it has not changed and neither has tradition........just wish they would bring back some decent unis...............

Buzzmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
Heard a rumor that Russell was bringing these back...
7926394916_c08c67d632_o.png
yuck!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
the blues this year were the best since the 06 blues.

As long as we don't do the 2012 design again I'm fine.

What about the 1985 Gold helmets with Blue letters and a blue stripe on it?

With all the "goofy" stuff going on uniform-wise ... Oregon, Maryland, Baylor and the awful Louisville black helmits with dark red logo (that you can't really even see) ... I'm really into all white right now, including helmit.

Our uniforms in the Oil Bowl were pretty snazzy. Mostly white.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Double yuck !
Our uniforms in the Oil Bowl were pretty snazzy. Mostly white.
Dodd is quoted as having to convince Coach Alex to put the mustard unis away...........Dodd changed hats for two years and put numbers on the shoulder pads but other than that and maybe wearing white pants and at times blue jerseys nothing changed.......still best looking uni around.......you know you are watching tech not ....MD or Boise or Oregon etc.........