BjS- am I wrong. He has never played .. Can u say player

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
These 3 are going to be the real deal next year.
So will a lot of our d players.... like branch, glanton, a j, etc
Gone are the days none of none of our players could start on the other team.
It's going to be role reversal time.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree. We gotta put all 9 in the box and force Fromm to throw 20+ times. With lots of run blitz and regular blitz mixed in.

If we stack the box to stop the run and Fromm beats us, I'll tip my cap (with vomit in it, of course) to the young QB. Can't let UGA run all over us if we can help it.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
These 3 are going to be the real deal next year.
So will a lot of our d players.... like branch, glanton, a j, etc
Gone are the days none of none of our players could start on the other team.
It's going to be role reversal time.

With an entirely new secondary...

Gray will be a huge help, but we are losing so much experience at the other positions. It’s going to be tough to improve on defense unless maybe we can actually get a pass rush to take some pressure off of those guys.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If we stack the box to stop the run and Fromm beats us, I'll tip my cap (with vomit in it, of course) to the young QB. Can't let UGA run all over us if we can help it.
That’s what Auburn finally did. Now their defense is a different animal than ours, but if we can hold the ball a bit and not make mistakes we will have a shot.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck

Gray will be a huge help, but we are losing so much experience at the other positions. It’s going to be tough to improve on defense unless maybe we can actually get a pass rush to take some pressure off of those guys.
No Antonio Simmons either.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

We are obviously going to miss the Austin twins, and Corey Griffen, but i am really excited about the talent (and size) we have coming in to replace those guys.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Did he say that will happen or just that he discussed with Roof that it's what he wanted to happen?

been saying this for 2 weeks now.

CPJ is spot on! If Roof listens this time to his directive (ie getting more aggressive on D, more DL motion) it won't take 4 years for Roof to adjust; both players will be gone LOL. Just like our D has made big jumps with simple and needed tweaks, on personnel we can do some things to get our athletes on the field in spots. Just being creative like CPJ's directive or idea is what we need.

Hopefully, we find ways to do that...

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
C. Campbell & Jalen Johnson looking good at S. Both big hitters. Plus Gray is a stud who can help the new guy.

CB got Simmons and Kerr plus prospects. Need some folks to step up for nickel/dime and to provide depth. Concerning for sure.

DE with Simmons graduating is plain scary. Need help big time. St. Amour is good but need someone else who can rush. Lack of rush could exacerbate the inexperience at CB/nickel.

DT, LB look pretty good though, and DT may actually mount more of a rush next year.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kinda thinking we'll see Branch slide out to DE next year. Also feel like we'll miss Griffin at S. Also starting to think Gray will be a LB at the next level but that's neither here nor there.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think CPJ phrased it as "I am working with Roof to find a way to get BJS and BM on the field" (not word for word) and then went on to describe BM working in at Vic's spot for a 3 man rotation.

I wonder if CPJ is putting more "request" in his request? The year started out soft defense and has changed to more press from CB, walk ups by safety, and more DL stunts (as stated by CPJ in pressers).

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
C. Campbell & Jalen Johnson looking good at S. Both big hitters. Plus Gray is a stud who can help the new guy.

CB got Simmons and Kerr plus prospects. Need some folks to step up for nickel/dime and to provide depth. Concerning for sure.

DE with Simmons graduating is plain scary. Need help big time. St. Amour is good but need someone else who can rush. Lack of rush could exacerbate the inexperience at CB/nickel.

DT, LB look pretty good though, and DT may actually mount more of a rush next year.
Jalen Johnson plays Nickel

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Yep, I think we can go big on the DL and 3 LB's for most of the game with 1 on 1's with our DB's. Basically what we did with VT, only move to a 4-3 except on passing downs. Only thing I don't like with that is moving branch outside because he's been playing inside all year and he could be a little rusty at DE.

We need Branch more inside than outside.